Clay not left on the wharf

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by Troy70, Oct 1, 2019.

1. denali15

denali15 Points Member

Oct 1, 2019
    And we might owe that win to the fact that Utah was the road team in a Friday game. The road team almost always loses the non-Saturday games in the Pac 12. Even happened to CPC.

2. FTFO/USC

FTFO/USC Junior Member

Oct 1, 2019
    Huh? CoachRoy recently posted a sunshine pumpers remark "we are 5 interceptions from being 5-0" and I was responding to that as I found it baffling.

uscjrl98 likes this.
  3. uscvball

uscvball Junior Member

Oct 1, 2019
    Last week, the video on the right of the screen was sketchy with Clay trying to explain things and Tessalone creeping in the back. This week, the body language and Clay going for the double chest grab.

4. uscjrl98

uscjrl98 Junior Member

WeAreSc Member
    Oct 2, 2019
    Helton has bullshitted our young impressionable athletes with lies about developing them into NFL caliber players and playing in nationally relevant games. He is nothing more than a con man looking out for his own interest as well is his family and friends. He has NO TIES to USC other than it being a job. Remember when he had his family and friends making up a big part of our coaching staff while our players suffered at the hands of these incompetent buffoons. Yet even now you are defending Heltons honor. You never even acknowledge the despair and disappointment our kids feel when the lose games and are not properly coached. Your mission is to defend Helton at all costs. You can't let one negative post about Helton go unchallenged. Really sad. Query Why do you feel compelled to defend Heltons honor. What about our kids that have to sit in class after each embarrassing loss. What about their honor.

5. Arthur Jury

Arthur Jury Points Member

Oct 2, 2019
    Wow ~ One of the most powerful posts in the history of this board. Facts are stubborn things. Look at all those names ... not only an entire recruiting class lost but that is a great lineup by itself. Helton and his regime of incompetents should be removed on this basis alone.

Cardinal&Gold likes this.
  6. Boselli

Boselli Junior Member

Oct 2, 2019
    wrong keeno

7. GoSC1

GoSC1 Junior Member

Oct 2, 2019
    If you were to read the posts I respond to they are generally full of made up assumptions and speculations reported as FACT. I do not have any difficulty when the opinions are stated as such, or backed up by actual statistics or facts. Call the man a name, and I will respond. Play fair, and I will agree. I am not a Helton supporter, but I dont go for name calling, or specious comments. It sometimes sounds like a middle school playground on here, its embarrassing

You asked me why I felt the need to defend his honor. My question to you is why do you feel the need to constantly insult the man?

DaFireMedic likes this.
  8. uscjrl98

uscjrl98 Junior Member

WeAreSc Member
    Oct 2, 2019
    Again this is the difference between USC alums and casual non-affiliated fans. You will defend the outsider and I will defend our kids and my fellow alums at all times. The man has stolen our kid's pride and has cost them some of them a shot at the NFL with his incompetent coaching. Your post is quite revealing in that you as a non Trojan would choose to defend Helton a non Trojan at the expense of our kids. I guess now I know why you won't defend SC alums it is because you are not one. Not passing Judgement but it makes sense to me. You have no skin in the game. We proud SC alums do.

9. Arthur Jury

Arthur Jury Points Member

Oct 2, 2019
    Re. "CoachRoy said: If it were left up to the posters we would have several coaches each season, fortunately they do not hire and fire coaches ADs do! "

You should be VERY SORRY I WAS NOT in charge of coach hiring in the recent past. USC football would be dramatically better if I were in charge of the hiring instead of all these so call knowledgeable ADs you reference (i.e. the alky corrupt golfer and the part time empty suit):

1. At that time, I would have hired Jeff Tedford instead of the lame Kiffen when Peter Carroll left.
    2. If in charge at that situation I would have hired Coach O and not let him go after I fired Kiffen.
    3. If in charge at that time, I would have done anything to get Chris Petersen in here and never ever have hired the drunk Sark at USC.
    4. If in charge at that time, I would never have hired Helton full time after Sark was fired.

Given the existing record how can you say we are fortunate that the ADs do the hiring / firing ??? Delusional....

10. trojan raul

trojan raul Junior Member

Oct 2, 2019
    You are completely right. Those that are saying 'this team is playing hard for Helton' are justifying zero. This team has no identity and has no business losing to BYU and Washington. We don't have an identity and will not have one until we get a coach who knows how to coach and win.

uscjrl98 likes this.
  11. SeattleTrojan

SeattleTrojan Junior Member

Oct 2, 2019
    I will never defend Helton’s coaching, but that’s some hillbilly inbred garbage you’re spewing there son, and the whole reason we’re in this mess. So only hire USC graduates? Lol. How’s that working for you? I guess McKay, J Rob and PC weren’t worthy of being coaches since they weren't grads. All non Alumni must get off this board, huh? We have no skin in the game. Lol. You do realize the Coli would be about 1/3 full every game if only alumni went, right? Lol. That’s some serious funny stuff there.

12. DaFireMedic

DaFireMedic Junior Member

Oct 2, 2019
    I know. I was agreeing with you in this case. There was a lot more to those losses than just INT’s.

FTFO/USC likes this.
  13. GoSC1

GoSC1 Junior Member

Oct 2, 2019
    Oh stop with this snobbish line of reasoning. Your myopia is preventing you from understanding my points whatsoever. You don't get me, and you never will. That's too bad. Oh, and by the way, I promote SC every day to my students and have for 26 years. I have directly led to at least 4 students attending there. I know and care for that University far more than many alums - and have been told that by Alums to boot.
    If you continue to hold your nose up with that silly non-alum versus alum argument, please just don't bother retorting. You sound like an elitist snob - the kind that gives this University such a bad reputation by other fans.

14. Cardinal&Gold

Cardinal&Gold Junior Member

Oct 2, 2019
    Thank You for your comment. This does not even include guys they had committed and lost because of lazy recruiting.

Like:

Thomas Graham (They went cold on him stopped calling him and Ronnie Bradford signed Je Quari Godfrey instead? Godfrey has since left the team)

Here is a quote from an article:

"Bradford also let the commitment of Thomas Graham lapse in order to pursue other targets and let other highly touted prospects go elsewhere, including the 2017 California defensive backs class of Graham, Darnay Holmes, Deommodore Lenoir, Jaylon Johnson, Elijah Blades, Jaylon Redd, Keith Taylor, Brandon McKinney, Elijah Gates and Elijah Hicks — many of whom have been starring against USC at other Pac-12 schools." USCFOOTBALL.COM

The biggest DB class in a decade and they signed none of the above^

Merlin Robertson ( USC just wrote him off) Went after Raymond Scott and Solomon T (both of whom have not played)

Mase Funa I was told USC stopped recruiting him hard after his injury and then tried to flip him at the 11 hr but it was to late.

Dude has 3 sacks in 5 games from the LB spot.

https://goducks.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=8677

Funa and Robertson are both Big Physical LB's and what does this team lack. LB depth.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
    uscjrl98 likes this.
  15. uscjrl98

uscjrl98 Junior Member

WeAreSc Member
    Oct 2, 2019
    Quite the opposite. I just care more about our student athletes than a coach making millions of dollars a year. You can just go root for another team. I cannot do that. An elitist in my view is doing exactly what you are doing defending an overpaid and unqualified coach while these kids a lot of them inner city kids are being screwed.