Can we get a "dislike" button...

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by TXTrojan_itul1, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Can we get a "dislike" button...
    TXTrojan_itul1

TXTrojan_itul1 Junior Member

Dec 3, 2019
    Maybe this is stupid... but we have the ability to "like" posts from members, can we get a "dislike" button added? Maybe after so many dislikes from stupid ass comments and troll baiting, get that person a 3-5 day ban from posting. Or is that too dictatorial?

Sometimes, the stupid comments are funny to me, but all the political shit talking back and forth, in my own personal perspective... I can do without that. If I want to hear or read political crap, I can seek that out myself... I come here for football topics and more importantly to talk about SC. Don't know, just putting thoughts to paper so to speak. IF it is a dumb idea, I am sure I will hear about it HA!

2. 83Gunn

83Gunn Points Member

WeAreSc Member
    Dec 3, 2019
    Respectfully, not a good idea to make popularity and conformity Important.

It’s not important. Members join to voice their opinions, even if they’re dissenting opinions.

The last thing we need or want is the loudest to be able to silence a minority opinion.

Staff can ban anyone they feel deserves it anytime they deem advisable without censorship from a vocal group of “me-too” posters.

JMHO

3. TXTrojan_itul1

TXTrojan_itul1 Junior Member

Dec 3, 2019
    I don't disagree honestly, I am certainly not trying to censor anyone... and I am of the opinion that if I don't want to hear it or watch it... change the channel. Just to cipher thru some of the BS that has been getting put on here lately is a turnoff, to me. I know there has been talk about "ignoring" some of the posters. I suppose I will have to figure that one out.

4. KeenObserver

KeenObserver Junior Member

Dec 3, 2019
    I dislike the original post

5. Coto Trojan 43

Coto Trojan 43 Junior Member

Dec 3, 2019
    Click on "my account" at the top of the page, scroll down to "people I ignore" and add names. A very useful feature.

SCBirnkrant81 likes this.
  6. SCBirnkrant81

SCBirnkrant81 Junior Member

Dec 3, 2019
    That's the remedy. Thank you.

7. Cardinal&Gold

Cardinal&Gold Junior Member

Dec 3, 2019
    We do have a dislike button. "It's silence". Some post are met with the sound of crickets. If you listen carefully you could here it.

I say just be yourself. If you have something to say. Let it rip. The board will either read or not. I talk more trash than just about anyone. lol. I'm ashamed of what comes out of my trap sometimes.

I've been saying this for years. If Erik banned me he would be doing me a favor. I'm on here way to much.

8. TrojanCampaign

TrojanCampaign Junior Member

Dec 3, 2019
    It would be more easy just to post on r/usc.

All disliking on Reddit does is create hive thinking.