Bubba Bolden

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by SCball14, Aug 30, 2018.

1. uscvball

uscvball Junior Member

Sep 4, 2018
    Hmmm....when people behave this way, what are the chances that alcohol was involved?

University involvement nothwithstanding, it is important to consider CA law in this regard. Specifically,

"California Penal Code 422 PC defines the crime of "criminal threats" (formerly known as terrorist threats).

A "criminal threat" is when you threaten to kill or physically harm someone and

1. that person is thereby placed in a state of reasonably sustained fear for his/her safety or for the safety of his/her immediate family,
    2. the threat is specific and unequivocal and
    3. you communicate the threat verbally, in writing, or via an electronically transmitted device.1
    Criminal threats can be charged whether or not you have the ability to carry out the threat...and even if you don't actually intend to execute the threat.2"

It could be charged as a felony or misdemeanor, based on circumstance.

Technically, he sorta did commit a crime based on your description.

Who wants to take him down and for what reason? Several women were involved against him....or in support of each other? He went to them, based on your description, not the other way around.

Exactly. Would any of the men on this board behave this way? Would any of the dads or brothers be okay if your daughter or sister was involved in potential threats of violence?

Tod78 likes this.
  2. old scotty

old scotty Junior Member

Sep 4, 2018
    Now that I have a granddaughter, I endorse a policy of "no girlfriends in colleges," especially for football players....

And I will confirm what vball said about his alleged conduct being a crime under Penal Code section 422, if the conduct was as described

3. SGVFlip

SGVFlip Points Member

Sep 4, 2018
    Put in the context of the current situation going on at USC, with the resignation of Niklas, and that doctor....smh.....

This will take time to sort out....unfortunately, the circumstances will make it so....

4. BlemBlam

BlemBlam Junior Member

Sep 4, 2018
    Pretty sure there was alcohol involved, also a vehicle, another player, who seemingly isn’t in trouble because he played Saturday and the police were definitely called

5. USC15

USC15 Points Member

Sep 4, 2018
    Who was driving the vehicle? Based on QB1 on Netflix I sure hope it wasn't Bubba. Can't even drive an ATV properly

6. dp4life

dp4life Points Member

Sep 4, 2018
    I have adopted the "no boyfriends for life" policy for my daughters (15 and 13).....

CrownoftheValley and 901 Club like this.
  7. BlemBlam

BlemBlam Junior Member

Sep 4, 2018
    No clue. I took it to mean that maybe there was either open container or underage possession, but I don’t believe anyone was arrested, maybe just a citation?

Typical college hijinks I think

8. usc88

usc88 Junior Member

Sep 4, 2018
    This situation does not seem as serious as the others. There was no crime involved and no physical
    altercation. It was just a disagreement that is normal among humans. Because it involved a USC football
    player, it is being handled more serious than it is. Have been in situations where have had pots and pans thrown
    at me. Just moments of anger on both sides.
    What is this Title IX stuff?
    Is that a law?

9. uscvball

uscvball Junior Member

Sep 4, 2018
    How do you know there was no crime involved? If things occurred as has been reported by a few people, then a crime did occur. Physical altercation doesn't have to be a factor in making threats, nor the actual carrying out of such threats.

If it was "just a disagreement", are you seeing that from a police report? Do you have the actual verbiage that has been alleged? If so, sharing it would be helpful. And frankly, I believe that kind of behavior is not "normal" among humans....unless they've been drinking. Even then, it's not acceptable or expected. I have never thrown anything at another person, nor would I. I have never threatened anyone, nor would I. I would never accept that behavior from someone, much less directed toward my daughter. Dismissing the issue as problematic only because it's a football player is just wrong. If anything, a regular student is probably not in class.

10. SCeeV03

SCeeV03 Junior Member

WeAreSc Member
    Sep 4, 2018
    he is attending classes... FWIW

CrownoftheValley likes this.
  11. oc trojan

oc trojan Junior Member

Sep 4, 2018
    MAGA

12. oc trojan

oc trojan Junior Member

Sep 4, 2018
    MAGA

13. SoCalN8tiv

SoCalN8tiv Junior Member

Sep 4, 2018
    You mean like this everyday Penal Code Section 422 stuff?

I gonna kill you...
    I'm gonna kick your ass...
    I'm gonna tear you limb from limb...
    One of these days Alice, KAPOW! To the moon!

Aren't we being overly dramatic?

14. old scotty

old scotty Junior Member

Sep 4, 2018
    I did not write the law, but if he said that, and it was credible, and somebody was in fear, it can be found to be a crime.

15. Tamatoa916

Tamatoa916 Junior Member

Sep 4, 2018
    Now more than any time I can recall, it is OK to be a D I C K. Since our POTUS is a shining example of crotch grabbing and hoe paying, I don’t hold these scholarship players to any higher moral grounds than The Commander In Chief.

If it’s ok for the POTUS to threaten members of the FBI and ruin/tarnish the careers of said servants, I don’t see what the big deal is with calling a college gal a bitch hoe or whatever the situation calls for. I mean sticks and stones right? Did he threatened her with a back handed pimp slap? It’s ok in today’s dick move world. As long as he didn’t punch or slap, it’s fair game.

16. mvpreed2

mvpreed2 Junior Member

Sep 4, 2018
    Yeah Jones/Ross/Bolden would have been players this season, I hate how much promise these boys came in with and how their stories (Jones & Ross) may have been different.

17. uscvball

uscvball Junior Member

Sep 4, 2018
    Hold yourself responsible for your own actions.

"FAITHFUL, SCHOLARLY, SKILLFUL, COURAGEOUS, AMBITIOUS"

and somehow that becomes, "as long as he didn't punch or slap"?

18. holt7153

holt7153 Junior Member

Sep 4, 2018
    WOW

19. KeenObserver

KeenObserver Junior Member

Sep 4, 2018
    It’s spelled tomato.

CrownoftheValley likes this.
  20. mvpreed2

mvpreed2 Junior Member

Sep 4, 2018
    I am going to go with the former.
    Bolden was named the #1 and then it seemed as if Ross was gone roughly around the same time.
    I didn't get word about Bolden until the day before the game, so I would guess and say HCCH may have known a day or so before, but that is even too late.