Bubba Bolden: How Did It Come To This?

Discussion in 'Trojan Huddle' started by GarryP, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Gold Trojan

Gold Trojan Points Member

Oct 10, 2018
    Unfortunately, if we are severely stricter than other institutions, players will simply choose other locations.

All things considered, if a drinking violation will get you suspended for a year at one spot, but only equate to a 1 game suspension at another, most people will choose the 2nd option. And they should. Why hurt your own chances if you don’t need to.

TheTrojanKnight likes this.
  2. TheTrojanKnight

TheTrojanKnight Junior Member

Oct 10, 2018
    I do, I watch a lot of NFL and I base my opinion based off of the fact that not only did the Title IX office clear him but the criminal charges were apparently 'unfounded' as well. A 2 year suspension is garbage. Either Expel him or just make it a 1 year punishment if you want to be tough but not expel him. 2 years is preposterous.

biglouie likes this.
  3. TheTrojanKnight

TheTrojanKnight Junior Member

Oct 10, 2018
    BS If the threats were that serious they should've just expelled Bolden. Suspending him from football for 2 years doesn't keep him off campus if was THAT much of a threat.

BREWcorp and dbw021 like this.
  4. BlemBlam

BlemBlam Junior Member

Oct 10, 2018
    You can’t say the Title 9 office “ cleared” him without knowing the facts of why they declined to investigate.
    They may have just judged it to be not in their purview.

sctrojan2006 likes this.
  5. old scotty

old scotty Junior Member

Oct 10, 2018
    How much should I worry because those who know they are unwilling to follow rules want to play for the ASUs of the world instead of USC? I prefer the kids who have the character not to get so drunk that they make threatening comments while yelling, and the kind of kids with the character to walk away when asked to do so, and the character to resist the temptation to keep bringing it back

Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
    sctrojan2006 and redeye like this.
  6. sctrojan2006

sctrojan2006 Junior Member

Oct 10, 2018
    These are the things you are mistaken about. It was not a Title IX issue, so they did not clear him. It was never reviewed, investigated, or a matter in front of the Title IX Office. It was also not a criminal matter. It was a Student Code of Conduct violation issue. Have you read the Student Code of Conduct's Disciplinary Procedures? If not, here is a link to it https://policy.usc.edu/scampus-part-b/.

7. sctrojan2006

Oct 10, 2018
    Maybe it is because he threatened another athlete, and they shared the Athletic Facilities, Galen dining hall, etc. Their class schedules and living arrangements may have been far enough apart, that full academic suspension was not merited. More like a restraining order. However, the athletic facilities would have been a known potential area of conflict. He was the known aggressor, so he had to keep away. We do not know all the details, but this is a possibility.

8. TrojanCampaign

TrojanCampaign Junior Member

Oct 11, 2018 at 4:47 AM
    I would tell her to put her big girl pants on and pull that gun out her purse that I taught her how to use. Which is the same thing I would tell me son. Free speech seems to be forgotten in this country when it involves boobs. Now if he hit this girl then an actual threat will have been realized.

But harsh punishment for mean words seems ridiculous.

9. TrojanCampaign

TrojanCampaign Junior Member

Oct 11, 2018 at 4:53 AM
    Really dude?

90% of every USC student that has been to a party has violated the student code of conduct.

10. Gold Trojan

Gold Trojan Points Member

Oct 11, 2018 at 5:11 AM
    USC Threat officer said that there was no merit to a Threat case being opened.

11. SCnAZ

SCnAZ Junior Member

Oct 11, 2018 at 7:12 AM
    I’m sorry see the young man do however he should know just like anybody else when you drink and get drunk you’re bound to say stupid things and asked search you have to suffer the consequences that go along with it I don’t care if you were the best player on the team or the Waterboy you make any threats or six something stupid while under the influence you deserve to be suspended and kicked out and I hope no other school picks him up and he’ll learn a valuable lesson and I hope others behind him will learn that same lesson that you cannot be stupid when you are drinking

12. BlemBlam

BlemBlam Junior Member

Oct 11, 2018 at 8:44 AM
    Key question

Was that before or after he went back and escalated the situation?
    After being told to stay away

sctrojan2006 likes this.
  13. old scotty

old scotty Junior Member

Oct 11, 2018 at 9:16 AM
    so what?

we are talking about multiple incidents at the location, are we not?

sctrojan2006 likes this.
  14. sctrojan2006

Oct 11, 2018 at 11:44 AM
    Yes, that is it. He just said a few harsh words and moved on. You nailed it. Someone should get you a medal. Concealed weapons for everyone, since a grown man does not how to behave properly. Sounds better than just removing the person that cannot follow the rules. You are a genius.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2018 at 11:52 AM
  15. sctrojan2006

Oct 11, 2018 at 11:47 AM
    In the same way? Tell me what he did exactly and what makes you think 90% of students have even done something close to it.

By the way, did you ever read the Student Code? You never answered the question

16. BREWcorp

BREWcorp Junior Member

Oct 12, 2018 at 9:23 AM
    Taking a shot at another man's children and then finishing with a Fight On?

ZERO class

17. BREWcorp

BREWcorp Junior Member

Oct 12, 2018 at 9:50 AM
    If there was a pattern of behavior this discussion is over but from what I can tell that hasn't been confirmed by anyone that would know.

Regardless, I am confused on how the alleged victim is more safe if he does not play football but still attends the university. If he is a ongoing threat he needs to be out of the university, not just the football team. If he is not, he needs to be given the opportunity for rehabilitation.

One alleged strike and you're out does not make our school, or world, better.

18. fssca51

fssca51 Junior Member

Oct 12, 2018 at 10:26 AM
    There shouldn't be a different standard for student football players than for say ,a Law student or a Business major. This young man should receive the same punishment as any other student, committing the same offense. Football players should not be exempt from the standard schedule punishments for student misbehavior . Good character is important to members of the football team ; maybe more so because they are in the public eye. Good conduct is more important than winning at sports.