Bubba Bolden: How Did It Come To This?

Discussion in 'Trojan Huddle' started by GarryP, Oct 8, 2018.

1. USCFanFortyNine

USCFanFortyNine New Member

Oct 9, 2018
    Excellent point! "Some posters here are fans and did not go to the University or any other college" is a perfect explanation for this so called "Keen"Observer (lol on the keen part, perhaps he/she should change his/her handle to UneducatedObserver). In general, I have read a few of his/her posts and they clearly show a very low intellect. But, as you say, he probably didn't attend any college so that clears it up. Hopefully UneducatedObserver can take a few English classes so that we can at least understand his/her posts.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
    SonofGodzilla likes this.
  2. KeenObserver

KeenObserver Junior Member

Oct 9, 2018
    LOL In addition to be being not clever, you are a troll, most likely a ruin, and a bottom.

3. sctrojan2006

sctrojan2006 Junior Member

Oct 9, 2018
    I did not see any reference to sexual harassment and rape in any of the articles or posts I have seen. Where did you see this? I do not believe those accusations were made.

4. sctrojan2006

Oct 9, 2018
    See the following by AnArchitect, he understood what I was referring to.

5. Akame

Akame Junior Member

Oct 9, 2018
    Are you serious, the punishment clearly out weighs the crime. COMPLETE BULLSHIT

6. norcal4socal

norcal4socal Points Member

Oct 9, 2018
    An ill-advised incident of alcohol-induced braggadocio will get you every time.

7. heyrev

heyrev Junior Member

Oct 9, 2018
    Dude, you dont even know what the "crime" was! Threats can, and should, be taken very seriously. The reason for the length of penalty had to do with when the victim of said threats graduated. He/she/they were, and should have been protected on campus for that length of time. We dont know the level of Bolden's threats but suffice to say, the stiff penalty should tell you something.

sctrojan2006 likes this.
  8. KeenObserver

Oct 9, 2018
    How is him not playing football but allowed to be on campus protecting so called threat victims. He a threat or he is not? If not, you make a punishment that supports all parties. The 2 years was a cop out. Punting is NOT winning.

9. Gold Trojan

Gold Trojan Points Member

Oct 9, 2018
    So what I am reading, is that if a student is allegedly intoxicated and makes alleged inappropriate comments to another student (even if not deemed to be threatening, racial, or discriminatory in any fashion) then that student must face a mandatory 2 year suspension from participating in their respective field of study at the school.

Why am I skeptical that this rule is being fairly administered across the board to both male and female students regardless of their respective backgrounds.

10. SCFTFO

SCFTFO Junior Member

Oct 9, 2018
    My thoughts exactly. I too got in plenty of altercations at usc parties not that many years ago. The past couple years the school has been laying the hammer extra hard on football players who get in any kind of trouble. Guess what, college kids sometimes f*** up. Universities should have patience and leniancy to let kids make a few mistakes as they mature, without crushing dreams along the way.

Trojan12 and SCTradition1 like this.
  11. KeenObserver

Oct 9, 2018
    It’s not and won’t be. We can read between the lines. Two years from football when they know damn well that is his first and most immediate path to career success. It’s almost racist.

12. AnArchitect

AnArchitect Points Member

Oct 9, 2018
    Then he (allegedly) went back twice in the intervening six weeks to add more fuel to the fire.
    Not knowing any particulars, it at least makes sense with that type of penalty - that he would be barred until the student has left - (considering he could get a lawyer to represent him in this and fight hard) that it's not just the act, but the repetition that prove volition and intent and make this something more than an apology letter, three game suspension, and a few hours volunteering with a charity...

13. norcalsurfer

norcalsurfer Points Member

Oct 9, 2018
    +3.

I am really curious to see how the university would handle students on a Thursday or Saturday night based on university policy.

14. sctrojan2006

Oct 9, 2018
    Tell me what is the crime? What do you know about this matter, other than an instagram post of a statement by Bubba Bolden?

15. Gold Trojan

Gold Trojan Points Member

Oct 9, 2018
    No problem, as long as that is the punishment across the board.

ie If a ‘jilted’ girlfriend is under the influence at a party and verbally accosts her ex. Then goes back for whatever the reason, she should be given a 2 year suspension from the school.

Even if daddy is the VP at a prestigious firm, and she is a med student.

16. Merlin4SC

Merlin4SC Junior Member

Oct 9, 2018
    Solutions kiddo, we need solutions, not just throwing hands up and saying oh well. What are we going to do about it - and the answer is not more Title IX and more Student Conduct running amok on power trips. We need to work within the framework of the law, and I don't mean quasi-legal either.

reaLchaZZZy likes this.
  17. AnArchitect

AnArchitect Points Member

Oct 9, 2018
    Agreed 1000%.
    The only thing that separates us as a civilization is the fair and judicious application of the law, without fear or favor.
    The more that breaks, the more broken we are as a whole.
    ...and that's as implicitly political as I'll get without switching to the OT board.

reaLchaZZZy and Trojan12 like this.
  18. PVtrojan

PVtrojan Active Member

Oct 9, 2018
    Penalty did fit crime. Core to matter Let's Move On!!!!

19. old scotty

old scotty Junior Member

Oct 9, 2018
    I agree, and have been saying it for some time. We need to concentrate less on stars and more on character.

There are schools who do a much better job of that

20. Marlon Brown

Marlon Brown Member

Oct 9, 2018
    This case is exactly one reason the program is where it is now. We're soft. At Bama you can have weed and guns on campus and not miss a snap and we continue to send great players away over a drunken threat? Poor little daddy's girl felt threatened by a black man....nothing new here.

TheTrojanKnight likes this.