Ben Shapiro

Discussion in 'MKJ Off-Topic' started by TrojanMoondoggie, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Ben Shapiro
    TrojanMoondoggie

TrojanMoondoggie Junior Member

Jul 28, 2020

I don't know if this link will work but if not, still interested in knowing what you all think of Ben Shapiro? In this video he speaks to a Brit commentator in an interview to discuss his feelings on the role that race has taken in our national narrative, BLM, DT, JB, and the 2020 election. If the link doesn't work, look it up on YouTube. Pretty interesting.

2. KeenObserver

KeenObserver Junior Member

Jul 28, 2020
    Shapiro may be the worst radio host I have ever heard. I can't stand him and his faux intellectualism. Plus he has a nasally voice that grates the nerves.

3. holt7153

holt7153 Junior Member

Jul 28, 2020
    I can't listen to Shapiro.

4. 901 Club

901 Club Junior Member

WeAreSc Member
    Jul 28, 2020
    Marcel Marceau had a show, but no one ever heard it.

5. KeenObserver

Jul 28, 2020
    Silence is indeed golden

6. Ridge Rider

Ridge Rider Points Member

Jul 28, 2020
    Ben Shapiro is brilliant. His interview yesterday with Dennis Prager was excellent regarding scenarios with Trump winning and with Biden winning.

DaFireMedic likes this.
  7. KeenObserver

Jul 28, 2020
    I agree with you. He's a one trick hack. He really has not grown intellectually at all. His analysis are quite rudimentary and the choice points to make his case are weird. He does not have a voice for radio.

8. TheRealAirbns

TheRealAirbns Junior Member

Jul 28, 2020
    I like him. He thinks about things and often presents perspectives and nuances I might not have thought of on my own. He's also good at making me think about topics in new ways. That said, I don't listen to him regularly (though I do about once every six weeks, or so), and I disagree with his opinions far more often than I do with other figures from the right.

9. jiordone

jiordone Junior Member

Jul 28, 2020
    anti Trump dweeb

KeenObserver likes this.
  10. DaFireMedic

DaFireMedic Junior Member

Jul 28, 2020
    Shapiro is sharp. I listen to his show.

TrojanMoondoggie likes this.
  11. TrojanMoondoggie

TrojanMoondoggie Junior Member

Jul 28, 2020
    In the attached interview he actually referenced his friend, Prager. I didn't see that interview though. Did he mention that with a JB win, things might seem a little more peaceful for a while because the left doesn't have DT to go after night and day, but that after a while it would become an even worse situation? Because JB has been pushed so far left now that everything he does will be in response to the pressures of the extremism that has become so powerful within the Democrat party.

I agree though. Smart guy. Amazing how young he was when he wrote his first book, Brainwashed: How Universities Indoctrinate America's Youth.

For me, he checks almost all of the boxes when it comes to his stands on the issues. From abortion to Israel to LGBTQ to gun ownership to this whole cancel culture nonsense to COVID.

When pressed on race, interestingly, he notes that the economic chasm between blacks and whites in this country really isn't that much different than the gap between these two groups in Canada, or the UK, or many other places. So while some people in this country like to wear the hair shirt and make ourselves some kind of outlier when it comes to race relations and economic disparity between races, it isn't true.

With COVID, he claims to wear a mask when asked to, but he also noted that while much has been made of our "handling" of the virus, places like the UK and France still have higher rates of death per million citizens than the USA. We're something like #10 on the list. So it's not like we're THE international embarrassment when it comes to this virus. He says that people are quick to go after DT, but a lot of leaders around the world didn't handle it exactly right either, because we just didn't know enough about it. Truth be told though, it's the tri-state area that still holds the most cases of deaths, and because of that he brings up NY leadership, and state leadership, in general, and their hand in this.

Knowing that he wasn't a DT guy, it was interesting that he wasn't as hard on DT as I thought he would be.

Regarding the cancel culture, Shapiro noted that we can't be tearing statues down just because there might be some elements of that person we don't like. The statues are there for their contributions, not their sins. He states that we don't put up a statue of Washington because of his feelings about certain races, or institutions like slavery. People don't think like that. The statue is going up because of his accomplishments and contributions to the founding of this country. Besides, everyone has sin, so there you have it. Even with Dr. MLK, Jr......he notes that we're not going to question his legacy, just because there is evidence that he didn't treat women all that well.

Personally I like him because it's nice to have a conservative voice in this sea of liberal nonsense that has swelled over this country. He hits the nail on the head in this video. Very hard for me to critique a man with his message just because he's too nasal or Marcel Marceau-like, or whatever. I think the substance of his message outweighs any of the personal stuff. I think he talks at rapid fire pacing which can be tough to follow sometimes, but the message is spot on. And politically I'm in agreement with him.

12. KeenObserver

Jul 28, 2020
    I really don't like his arguments or positions. To me it seems more like 1990's conservative punditry and not up with the times. I have admit, I do not find him incredibly deep. Educated yes, well versed yes, high IQ yes, street smart? No great at reading between the lines? no critical analysis? debatable.

13. AMLTrojan

AMLTrojan Junior Member

Jul 28, 2020
    Relax guys, Keen's just hatin' on a 'ruin.

SoCalN8tiv likes this.
  14. KeenObserver

Jul 28, 2020
    and a anti-trumper soy boy. Not to mention he is using Facebook to bully other right leaning outlets to promote the unreadable Daily Wire

TheRealAirbns likes this.
  15. Ridge Rider

Ridge Rider Points Member

Jul 28, 2020
    Yes, pretty much.
    Reader's Digest version; With a Trump win, Shapiro predicts that the Left will continue their relentless attacks on him and our country. Nevertheless, we will be far better off.
    With a Biden win, Shapiro predicts that the Left will overreach with their Leftist / Marxist policies causing them to lose the House in the following election. (Barring cheating, which is certainly in the Left's playbook).

DaFireMedic likes this.
  16. BOULDER TO BIRMINGHAM

BOULDER TO BIRMINGHAM Junior Member

Jul 29, 2020
    Shapiro certainly doesn't possess a voice for radio, and his poor attempt at impersonations are annoying. But he is a brilliant conservative mind that seems to understand what motivates the far left. He supports Trump, but isn't afraid to call him out when he says or does something that isn't Presidential, or is just foolish. I look forward to hearing his show.

Ridge Rider likes this.
  17. AMLTrojan

AMLTrojan Junior Member

Jul 29, 2020
    Who cares who wins later when the other party wins first and overreaches. Trump is the first Republican in a long time to actually pursue meaningful change while in power. The rest of the GOP is content to hold the gavel for a few selfie moments before handing things back to the Dems so they can resume their leftist agenda.

18. heyrev

heyrev Junior Member

Jul 29, 2020
    I've watched hours of his college appearances and Q & A sessions with audience. First, the guy has the balls to face hostile crowds. Second, he has a direct and informed, yet respectful way of giving opinion. He doesn't bait Leftists with derogatory insults but also doesn't accept progressive jingoisms without sharp retort. Very telling was an interview he did with Bill Maher (you can find it on YouTube) where he again, faced a hostile crowd and expected snark from Maher, but left with the interviewer's stated respect. No, he's not a "fan" of Trump, but certainly lands heavily on his side on policy. That's true of a lot of us who wish the president spoke more elegantly, but who else can you support in this political climate? I give Shapiro a 99% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Ridge Rider, AMLTrojan and 901 Club like this.