B. Young

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by Rob384, Sep 22, 2019.

1. uscjrl98

uscjrl98 Junior Member

Sep 22, 2019
    What do you want him to say. Helton sucks and He would rather play for a National Championship. Good for these kids who want to go where they will get the coaching they deserve. Why would you begrudge a kid that.

2. HOFFA

HOFFA Points Member

Sep 22, 2019
    Harrell will be gone next year and what elite QB would want to come play under Gomer?

Meyer comes in and it’s a different story.

Kaptain Karl, AJSCFAN, OC2SC and 3 others like this.
  3. BeatND2019

BeatND2019 Points Member

Sep 22, 2019
    God definitely did not want him playing for Helton. No dual threat QB in their right mind would want to go to USC with this system. Pocket passers only need apply.

gubo&palanka and Turkued like this.
  4. KANDI11

KANDI11 Junior Member

Sep 22, 2019
    Not begrudging anything but leave out the God influence. It’s dishonest.

LucGomez40 likes this.
  5. uscjrl98

uscjrl98 Junior Member

Sep 22, 2019
    Correct and he wants to be developed and play in relevant National games and for a National Championship. Hard to fault that.

OC2SC, OCBeachTrojan and Trojan12 like this.
  6. uscjrl98

uscjrl98 Junior Member

Sep 22, 2019
    Bingo!.

OC2SC, gubo&palanka and Turkued like this.
  7. uscjrl98

uscjrl98 Junior Member

Sep 22, 2019
    Maybe God wants him to be a success and not a failure. Bama gives him the better chance. Just saying.

OC2SC, reaLchaZZZy, FTFO/USC and 3 others like this.
  8. KANDI11

KANDI11 Junior Member

Sep 22, 2019
    Then say that.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2019
  9. uscjrl98

uscjrl98 Junior Member

Sep 22, 2019
    Great post. As we saw last year with all the great Cali kids that went to Oregon, Washington, and ASU. These Cali Kids will continue to go elsewhere as long as the Helton Clown Show is in charge. The really sad thing (and I am dead serious) 99% of these kids love USC but will not come here because of Helton.

10. SCBIGTIME

SCBIGTIME Junior Member

Sep 22, 2019
    Yup, he's just a front runner. He's not a USC guy. As long as we have Helton, we're only going to get guys who want to be Trojans, not the 5 star players who are shopping for the most camera time.

Just4sc, gubo&palanka and LucGomez40 like this.
  11. OrangeBill

OrangeBill Points Member

Sep 22, 2019
    This was all too predictable. With the sudden success of freshman Slovis and the return next year of earlier freshman starter Daniels, Young would have started at no. 3 on the depth chart. Even if he lit it up in preseason camp, how likely was it that SC would turn over the reins to a freshman for a third consecutive year? Instead, the position will be wide open in Tuscaloosa, and he will get to drive the shiny Bama Cadillac. on day one--against us.

I agree with most of the previous comments, Sark was a factor here. And there's no way that this development can be spun other than it's another critical blow to Helton. I strongly believe the comment that many of these players want to come to SC but don't want to play for him. Another irony of facing Bryce Young when we face Alabama is that it is highly unlikely that Helton will be there.

12. KANDI11

KANDI11 Junior Member

Sep 22, 2019
    You can be a success without ever picking up a football.
    I think God might have winced when he used His name as one of the reasons why he flipped.

Peete2Affholter and SCBIGTIME like this.
  13. Turkued

Turkued Junior Member

Sep 22, 2019
    Completely disagree.

Slovis is such a great QB he led his high school team to a 3-7 record is a pathetic second rate Phoenix high school football conference. He wasn't highgy recruited for a good reason: he isn't very good.

Go Huskies, Go Irish, Go Bears, Go Bruins, go everyone. I have a limited life expectancy, only a few more decades. Helton needs to go, now.

Kiffin now has a higher rated recruiting class at FAU than Helton does at SC.

Think about that.

14. USCFourLife

USCFourLife Points Member

Sep 22, 2019
    BY loves USC but Claydo is such a bad coach that he has no option. BY will be back in the picture if Claydo is fired. USC is his dream school. Like I said in a past post I never thought I would see worse coaching in the 43 years as I did under Hackett. Claydo has exceeded Hackett in his incompetence. I also said in a previous post not one PAC 12 school would have hired Helton, LET ALONE GRANTED HIM AN INTERVIEW. I have had season tickets since 1976 and canceled them this year because of Swann, Claydo and the overall arrogance of the athletic department. I will route the team on furiously but will not support the head coach or athletic department which is loaded with inbred cronies. Drain the Athletic Department SWAMP! Fight On and beat UDUb and Carole is awesome! Typos courtesy of my iPhone.

OC2SC, trojanworld, Jay4usc and 6 others like this.
  15. LucGomez40

LucGomez40 Junior Member

Sep 22, 2019
    Im sure bama is paying for his entire family to move to bama with Bryce, ala Tua.
    Or perhaps god will pay for his family to move there?!

SCBIGTIME and gubo&palanka like this.
  16. Trojack

Trojack Junior Member

Sep 22, 2019
    I don't think it is the Helton factor. Remember, this guy was a SOLID commit believing Helton was going to be his coach and he was only going to have to sit behind Daniels for a maximum of one season. He NEVER saw Slovis, Sears, or Fink as competition but suddenly he is looking at three guys ahead of him on the depth chart and decided he didn't want to be the 2020 version of Jack Sears.

TrojanDrive likes this.
  17. uscjrl98

uscjrl98 Junior Member

Sep 22, 2019
    He was never a solid commit. Don't believe everything you read. Just like with Flowe and countless others. These kids bleed Cardinal and Gold but Helton losing to every California school last year and ND and a terrible recruiting last year and so far this year is the reason why kids will not come here. These kids want to play for Nattys and play relevant Games like Georiga v ND last night. As long as Helton is here these kids will never get that chance and you don't think it has anything to do with Helton. Interesting.

dbw021, OC2SC and gubo&palanka like this.
  18. STRECKERmemo

STRECKERmemo Junior Member

Sep 22, 2019
    So you think he will not have to compete at Bama and with Tua’s little brother?

TrojanCampaign likes this.
  19. STRECKERmemo

STRECKERmemo Junior Member

Sep 22, 2019
    Exactly and he probably figured he didn’t fit the SC QB “golden boy” profile (pure speculation). Its been a longtime since the Rodney Pete days. Just sayin....

20. OCBeachTrojan

OCBeachTrojan Points Member

Sep 22, 2019
    Guys like B. Young are not afraid of competition against Slovis, Daniels, etc..They want to know that they are going to get a coach that will give them a “fair”opportunity to win the starting QB spot. A coach that is competent to evaluate talent & not play his favorites (who he is loving that year)... put the best players on the field. Gomer hasn’t been able to run fair competitions nor put the best players on the field (ie Darold, ET #1, Toa...)

Do you think BY isn’t going to be competing against other 5 star QB recruit at Bama! Guys like that know that and take on the challenge.

Saban doesn’t fuck around...the Best players play! Clemson does the same thing!

At SC we have Gomer’s clown show! Where our best players can’t get on the field...can you say #30 Stepp!!!

OC2SC, gubo&palanka, FTFO/USC and 3 others like this.