AZ loses starting PG for the Year

Discussion in 'USC Hoops' started by Alta Loma Trojan, Aug 8, 2019.

1. AZ loses starting PG for the Year
    Alta Loma Trojan

Alta Loma Trojan Junior Member

Aug 8, 2019
    Arizona Wildca$h starting point guard Brandon Williams will miss the upcoming college basketball season after sustaining a knee injury and undergoing surgery. I don't wish injury on any opponent but this will definitely hurt the highest ranked pre-season Pac12 team. Go SC!

2. mvpreed2

mvpreed2 Junior Member

Aug 14, 2019 at 6:53 PM
    Wildca$h is funny, especially when no one has still been able to prove Miller is guilty through all this.
    Either way, I know where I am and know I’m in the minority here.

Arizona will be fine.
    Hazzard/Mannion/Green/Smith will have to step up and fill the void Williams left.
    I expect us to continue to be right there at the top barring something major.
    We needed him but we had a logjam at G and this helped ease the situation.

This has been speculation on the Arizona sites all summer so this news does not surprise me as I did not expect him to play this season anyway

3. Alta Loma Trojan

Alta Loma Trojan Junior Member

Aug 16, 2019 at 3:53 PM
    It is nice there is parity in the Pac-12. The powerhouses AZ and Fucla each have their own issues. AZ with the allegations and bRuins with their questionable coaching hire and recent struggles. It should be a fun year.
    I think SC's success will depend on the play of PG Weaver. Last years PG play hurt the team and led to many late game loses. I think we'll be very good if he can develop into one of the best in the conference. He needs to be play with consistency and be the floor general with all the new players.