Ayden Hector commits to Stanford

Discussion in 'Trojan Recruiting' started by ErikMcKinney, Oct 7, 2019.

1. travyav

travyav Junior Member

Oct 19, 2019
    Those guys are winning national championships, not Rose Bowls against inferior Big 10 opponents. Thats the difference. Players can get you to the Rose Bowl, you have to actually coach to win a national championship.

2. bell

bell Points Member

Oct 19, 2019
    FIRST OF ALL...

...many would take issue with your characterization of Penn St. as an inferior Big 10 opponent. That team had many good players including their running back (S. Barkley), QB and TE. Don't forget they came to the Rose Bowl out of a conference that had Ohio St, Mich St, Mich and Wisconsin.

To say coaches win national championships sounds nice but totally unproven. Actually, I think it's the other way round: it takes at least many good players, if not great ones, to take you to the championship. If you don't agree, show me a team that has won it all without an impressive list of players.

3. travyav

travyav Junior Member

Oct 19, 2019
    You obviously don't read. Players get you only so far, coaching gets you the rest of the way. That means it takes both. It always has and always will. Just because I don't agree with you, doesn't mean I think that a coach could take me and my ten friends to a national championship. I say this all of the time........why are people so polarized in their opinions???? I disagree that it isn't only the players and you say, "show me a team that has won it all without an impressive list of players."

I blame the two party system and the media for this type of thinking. All of these youngsters think that if you disagree with them then you believe the opposite of what they believe. Smh.

4. 2blkk

2blkk Junior Member

Oct 19, 2019
    Telling