Ausmus is building a stronger team

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by nvargas, Sep 16, 2019.

1. nvargas

nvargas Junior Member

Sep 17, 2019
    EA isn't good at either. He's not necessarily destroying everything in front of him, nor is he a tactician like a Keuchly.

Strength is not only brute-strength, but also explosiveness, quickness/agility, flexibility, all tailored to football moves. Not seeing any of this.

Kevin Bruce also noted the DL looks slow and were gassed. All of this is part of S&C, not just squats/bench presses.

DaFireMedic likes this.
  2. Peete2Affholter

Peete2Affholter Junior Member

Sep 17, 2019
    I get that Rome wasn't built in a day, and maybe we ARE a stronger team than last year's, but that's a pretty low bar, TBH.

It still does seem like our guys aren't physically powerful. D line was almost non-existent against BYU, and I'm anticipating that Utah is licking their chops at the prospect of pushing around our weak front 7.

Time was, our safeties looked (and hit) like linebackers. Hufanga looks big, but I don't know if he's babying that shoulder because he isn't hitting hard. Pola-Mao plays on defense like Vaughns plays on offense, soft and inattentive at times. It's appropriate that they both wear the same number.

Maybe the overall culture has improved from last year's disaster, but it's far from what a USC team is supposed to look like.

nvargas likes this.
  3. Jay4usc

Jay4usc Points Member

Sep 17, 2019
    This guy can hit

https://giphy.com/gifs/hufanga-hit-S52TQXKyVMwapYiC7U?utm_source=iframe&utm_medium=embed&utm_campaign=Embeds&utm_term=https://reignoftroy.com/2019/09/17/usc-football-analyzing-key-concepts-plays-loss-byu/app/

Cardinal&Gold likes this.
  4. AJSCFAN

AJSCFAN Junior Member

Sep 17, 2019
    I wasn't talking about Ausmus, the coaching or lack there of is building a weaker team by not doing everything to make them successful on the field.

5. DaFireMedic

DaFireMedic Junior Member

Sep 17, 2019
    This is true. Too little contact in practice, not enough real tackling. It’s not working.

AJSCFAN likes this.