Armond Hawkins hinting at bad news

Discussion in 'Trojan Recruiting' started by HeismanU, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Armond Hawkins hinting at bad news
    HeismanU

HeismanU Junior Member

Jan 30, 2017
    Armond Hawkins just posted threads on all the the TOS sites titled "72 Hours To Meltdown" with "Recruiting is a bitch" written in them. Just when we all thought Signing Day would be smooth sailing and drama free this year. Anyone know what he's refferring to? I know he's close with Stephen Carr. Is he hinting at Carr flip to UCLA or Oregon?

2. bestlakersfan

bestlakersfan Junior Member

Jan 30, 2017
    [​IMG] .

3. HeismanU

HeismanU Junior Member

Jan 30, 2017
    So it's nothing and he's just trolling? Strange thing for someone in his position to do.

4. Marcb

Marcb Junior Member

Jan 30, 2017
    my bad

5. Geohhh

Geohhh Junior Member

Jan 30, 2017
    Not buying. seems like hes just trying to get a rise out of people

6. trjnfnz

trjnfnz Junior Member

Jan 30, 2017
    Who is this guy anyways ? I never heard of him.

7. mvpreed2

mvpreed2 Junior Member

Jan 30, 2017
    Sounds like clickbait if you ask me.
    Oh, you didn't ask?
    I apologize..

8. mrbug708

mrbug708 Junior Member

Jan 30, 2017
    Smokescreen

9. HelixTrojan

HelixTrojan Junior Member

Jan 30, 2017
    Don't fall for the okie doke with Hawkins.

He's been on the war path against SC for a solid year, trying to influence recruits, fans and media.

He's down to posting about SC recruiting on Boards just to cause confusion.

Rarely has someone outside of a college program tried to negatively recruit against SC so consistently.

The back story is disturbing.

Notice . . . the dude does not post on this Board.

10. Frisco

Frisco Junior Member

Jan 30, 2017
    Scott Wolf, Petros Papadakis, Armond Hawkins. 3 people that just talk complete bs out their ass. If you ever critic Chris on Twitter, best believe daddy is going to pick a fight with you. Sad dude.

11. fighton55

fighton55 Junior Member

Jan 30, 2017
    Wow pretty sad that he is so immature. Hopefully young men (and their parents) will start to see that he is just a bitter man that does not have the players best interest in mind.

12. DPforlife

DPforlife Junior Member

Jan 30, 2017
    Remember - he's the guy that started all of the Bolden to ASU drama at the Army game. Some say Bolden was strongly considering ASU, But Hawkins said it was a lock to ASU.

13. TommyT

TommyT Junior Member

Jan 30, 2017
    Never see a parent of a player hate the team his son plays for, feel sad for Chris, it's got to be tough around the diner table for him, especially after ugly game.

14. LDIABootney

LDIABootney Junior Member

Jan 30, 2017
    AAU basketball like influence.........

15. Donnytrojan

Donnytrojan Junior Member

Jan 30, 2017
    Is this the same Armond Hawkins that said Darnay was a lock and that bubba was going to ASU?? He's spot on lol.

16. KeenObserver

KeenObserver Junior Member

Jan 30, 2017
    Can somebody walk me through the history with this. I have always heard the dad has a hard-on for dissing SC. Why? especially with our coaching and AD changes. Can somebody give us the full scoop without outing a secret source?

17. Lomarq4SC

Lomarq4SC Junior Member

Jan 30, 2017
    Remember Jalen Ramsey came to hang out for a few days and stayed at the Hawkins house for that time. Then he ended up at FSU. Coinsidence?

18. SoCalN8tiv

SoCalN8tiv Junior Member

Jan 30, 2017
    Oh, thank God...This will be Chris' senior year. The less I know about Papa Hawkins the better.

19. bestlakersfan

Jan 30, 2017
    Armond gets shit from all the fan bases, but a lot of it he brings it onto himself. As a parent of a kid, it is probably NOT the best idea to post in forums and chat rooms because fans (myself included) can get very emotional and irrational at points. He dives into it and it just is a very, very bad look. Last month, he got absolutely crushed and called out on Twitter by some ugly fan and booster...it was not a pretty scene.

But stuff like this, whether there is ANY truth to it or not, just brings that attention. He may very well be kicking back and laughing his ass off because he is trolling so hard. However, for me, it's just not a good look.

20. nvargas

nvargas Junior Member

Jan 30, 2017
    If I'm the parent of a kid on his team, I'm not amused by his antics...and would ask him to grow up.

Then again, I know his type...and he probably feels like he has kids lining up out of the city waiting to play for him...and if you don't like his style - hit the road!

He needs to be knocked down a rung...by someone that can get to his pocketbook. We've seen AAU personalities and the like come & go through the years....it's his time to go!

When a coach is drawing more attention than the kids he represents....he's doing it wrong.

21. billtrojan

billtrojan Junior Member

Jan 30, 2017
    I'd hope any kid and his parents are wise enough to not let any single force (Hawkin's dad, Darnay's dad, etc) influence your college and life decisions. You have to take a holistic view of everything, talk to the coaches and counselors at each school, your high school coaches, your parents, etc and make a sound life decision. There are always going to be folks on both sides of the table and people with their own agendas, let that be their agenda and not have that determine your life and college decision.

As far as Carr goes, anything can happen but I realistically don't see him flipping to fucla. They are a frickin mess with
    - all their coaches leaving (klemm, tui, polamalu, etc)
    - a crappy oline
    - struggling team that will be hoping to be 6-6 next year
    - mora will be fired after next year.

USC offers so much more with
    - a private school
    - all the momentum of a solid football program
    - a chance to play in the national championship next year
    - be the only RB recruit in this class with Jones, Ware, and Davis being Juniors next year
    - be surrounded by talent in a top 5 recruiting class

It should be a no brainer decision. I'm sure everyone's throwing everything at Carr and every recruit the last couple of weeks, but when they sit down and think it through with their families, the decision should be crystal clear USC is the best short and long term decision.

22. GZTrojan

GZTrojan Junior Member

Jan 30, 2017
    The problem is he made a Statement and he said 72 hours and it took this board 72 minutes to Meltdown. All of you are childish. If Stephen Carr comes to Usc does Armond Hawkins and Ground Zero get the credit. The mob mentality has to stop. What ever he was looking for you guys on this page have it to him. He has 100's of kids that can potentially come to Usc

23. Cardinal&Gold

Cardinal&Gold Junior Member

Jan 30, 2017
    I would be concerned..

1. He's very close to Armond Hawkins this guy even went on an official with him to Michigan I believe..

2. Stephen Carr is one of his star recruits. If anybody knows whats going on with Carr it's him.

3. UCLA has more Ground Zero guys enrolled and it's not even close. Translate that to friends.

4. Carr has not shown any indication that he's a lock to USC in fact signs point the opposite direction.

I wouldn't be surprised one bit if he did flip to UCLA..

** What he needs to be thinking is Rosen will leave after this year.. and they have nobody elite backing him up. The offensive line could be one of the worst units in the pac 12 after this season. It's very thin now.. They can get two 5 star OT's..on signing day and they would still be thin.. That's not happening anyways..

So Carr would be playing with no OL or elite QB good lock with that.

Meantime USC is on the verge of signing the best OL class in 2017. These guys will be there the entire time he is..and they are loading up on the D line and secondary too..

Behind Darnold is Sears who is going to be a star himself..

This is a no brainer....but you never know what these guys are thinking.

24. qqqqqqqman

qqqqqqqman Junior Member

Jan 30, 2017
    I'm not going to worry.....no 1 RB or WR defection is going to take down this team's efforts.

Obviously, we want Carr and Lewis and GJohnson, etc......but we also want guys who want to be here, want to represent the Trojans, want to battle for us, and have the fortitude to stand up for what THEY want. If not, just go away.

Armond Hawkins does NOT represent nor run USC.

Sorry, Hawk, there will be no meltdown from me. Your players may get the meltdown one day, when they figure out what you've done with their trust.

25. 1USCTROJANFANS

1USCTROJANFANS Junior Member

Jan 30, 2017
    hahaha he just found out that Marvin Wilson and Aubrey Solomon is committing to the Usc Trojans that's why hes upset....hahaha fight on everybody.

26. GZTrojan

GZTrojan Junior Member

Jan 30, 2017
    If Carr comes to Usc does he bet the credit. What it sounds like is he gets the blame when kids choose Ucla over Usc so we'll be get the credit from this site.??

27. Trojanbus

Trojanbus Junior Member

Jan 30, 2017
    Yes, you'll get the credit. Now quit trolling and referring to yourself in the third person.

28. bestlakersfan

Jan 30, 2017
    I would never give him credit or take it away for any recruit coming here or not. That would be completely stupid and ignorant. If a kid can be that influenced by a 7v7 coach, then I'd rather not have him here.

With that said, Fight On to 'ole SC!

29. Cardinal&Gold

Cardinal&Gold Junior Member

Jan 30, 2017
    I'll just say this...

Both Armond Hawkins and Anthony Browns....sons commited to USC.

So is this a case of do as I say not as I do?

I've seen this guy decked out in USC gear out in puplic.. and I've seen tweets that are Anti-Trojan.. His own son is getting a free education..granted he's earned it but he should have some respect for a program that paid for your child's education...and not slam them.

30. OC2SC

OC2SC Junior Member

Jan 30, 2017
    Carr is a transcendent back whose tape shows that he has the chance to be truly special. Even taking off our rose colored glasses, all logic says it's a no-brainer for the good guys. Those of us that have 17-18 year old kids know, however, that logic does not always apply to decision making by that age group. I still strongly believe he will be part of our class on Wednesday, but all the people who reflexively say he is a lock need to acknowledge that NOTHING is guaranteed until that signed NLI arrives. A "lock" does not go on an official visit to fUCLA on the last weekend before signing day.

31. billtrojan

billtrojan Junior Member

Jan 30, 2017

32. GZTrojan

GZTrojan Junior Member

Jan 30, 2017
    Good thing you aren't in the recruiting department we would be screwed

33. SCBirnkrant81

SCBirnkrant81 Junior Member

Jan 30, 2017
    Don't let Mr. Hawkins mess with your mind! Think of it this way... whatever that is going to happen, will happen and none of us common posters can do much about it. So enjoy and don't let it bother you. USC will be fine...ignore the extra noise ...

34. RPBSC

RPBSC Junior Member

Jan 30, 2017

35. JC SOXX

JC SOXX Junior Member

Jan 30, 2017
    Do you want to be good, or do you want to be great? ......Welcome.

36. beeto

beeto Junior Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Damn.....Wed.....plz get here soon !

37. HtownSC

HtownSC Junior Member

Jan 31, 2017
    I truly believe that's what he thought, like almost everyone else before the AAA game. All the so called experts had Bubba to ASU, and Darnays video of him picking SC got 'leaked' before the game.

Besides the kids that play for him, I don't think Armond has that much more info on recruiting than the hardcore internet SC fan. I doubt CHawk is in the know about who SC is recruiting, where they stand, etc. and frankly he doesn't care... so I doubt he's feeding his dad info.

38. HtownSC

HtownSC Junior Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Hate to hear this even if it's only rumors..... but TOS saying Carr flipping to ugla is a real possibility.

39. beeto

beeto Junior Member

Jan 31, 2017
    For the first time I took a peak at ugly's forum.
    No mention of Carr flipping at all.

Only thing was........Mora is lazy, who the fuck is going to be our OL, Why aren't we going after this OL men ?
    That's it...I'd think they'd be all over this.......No ?

40. HeismanU

HeismanU Junior Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Htown, which TOS is saying that? And is it posters or the people who actually work for the site?