Are you smarter than Goldman Sachs

Discussion in 'MKJ Off-Topic' started by ScoobyTrojan32, Jun 30, 2020.

2. DJ4SC

DJ4SC Junior Member

Jun 30, 2020
    Dipstick, no one ever claimed the virus was a hoax but requiring masks is stupid.
    Your little Fauci said so and I find it rather amusing that you would use Goldman as a source.
    Do some research.

TheRealAirbns and SCBIGTIME like this.
  3. August West

August West Points Member

Jun 30, 2020
    Peter Sutherland is Chairman of GS, he’s The Godfather of Globalization and high ranking member of the Trilateral Commission.

He does not have the United States’ or Trump’s best interests and pushing the WuFlu crap in attempt to blow the American economy up, benefits him and his cronies.

So while I may not be “smarter” than GS, my goals for my country differ a lot from theirs.

4. TheRealAirbns

TheRealAirbns Junior Member

Jun 30, 2020
    Yup, me too.

The article essentially says that masks are better than continuing to shut down the economy. But those aren't the only choices.

Here's a better solution: open up the economy fully. Anyone who wants to wear a mask can still do that if they want to, now that we know the risks. Anyone who doesn't, doesn't have to.

The purpose of the mask and other mitigation efforts is to slow down the spread of the virus so our medical resources aren't overtaxed by a spike. But we now know that that is highly unlikely to happen, so continuing with shut-downs and mitigation is purely political. We're heading into an election season, and politicians know that if they aren't as conservative as possible with their approach, even if it doesn't make sense, they'll expose themselves to criticism.

SCBIGTIME and DJ4SC like this.
  5. Stork43

Stork43 Junior Member

Jun 30, 2020
    No one ever?

6. KeenObserver

KeenObserver Junior Member

Jun 30, 2020
    I see the incredible irony is sock puppets advocating masks. lol

They want the masks so nobody can be identified or make a facial expression. This is revenge for the NPC meme.

7. DJ4SC

DJ4SC Junior Member

Jun 30, 2020

Not here, Goldman.

8. GaryB

GaryB Junior Member

Jun 30, 2020
    Lloyd Blankfein is Chairman of GS

Are you arguing that the virus is highly unlikely to overtax hospital resources; or that a mask is unlikely to stop it from happening?

Regardless of your position, you seem to have articulated the position of politicians. We know that all states opened before achieving the CDC guidelines. I have to take my hat off to Trump on this one issue. If you recall, he distilled the CDC guidelines from a book down to one page, and none of the states bothered to follow the one page.

9. DJ4SC

DJ4SC Junior Member

Jun 30, 2020
    Commie, liar.

10. SoCalN8tiv

SoCalN8tiv Junior Member

Jun 30, 2020
    Ahhhhh! The sky is falling! The sky is falling! Ahhhh! The sky is falling!
    Dow posts best quarter in 33 years despite pandemic. People aren't dying in droves and the hospitals aren't being overwhelmed. This virus will suddenly cycle out and POOF! Gone. Make sure you note this. It's gonna happen. Then you can Crown Me Smarter than Goldman Sachs - who aren't scientists btw...So you can do it right now. Crown Me!

DJ4SC likes this.
  11. August West

August West Points Member

Jun 30, 2020
    ICU and death rates are still declining, cases have spiked due to the thousands and thousands of rioters and gays not social distancing....but a large majority of them are young, and generally in better health, they stand a much greater chance of not dying, or at the very least extremely ill.

Regardless of the person in charge, GS is still one of the kings of globalization and will do whatever to hurt Trump.

12. GaryB

GaryB Junior Member

Jun 30, 2020
    AW - I assume that if you reject Globalism, you embrace Nationalism. If true, how do you eliminate impoverishment? It is a well understood concept that in order for growth to accelerate under Nationalism, resources become impoverished and the country's wealth declines.

Just curious.....

13. TheRealAirbns

TheRealAirbns Junior Member

Jun 30, 2020
    The former, which makes the latter mostly irrelevant. Why would I argue the former? Because there are eight states that didn't shut down and didn't follow most of these mitigation efforts. There are also countries, like Sweden, that didn't, either. None of them had their medical resources overwhelmed. None of them have been affected by Covid-19 in a way that was appreciably worse than states than took hard lines.

Going back to the first paragraph of the post you quoted, why shouldn't that warrant allowing people to make their own decisions about how to keep themselves safe?

Not at all. Politicians are taking the ultra-conservative approach, and in the process, illegally violating people's rights.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
  14. Area51Trojan

Area51Trojan Junior Member

Jun 30, 2020
    Yes.

15. Jim McNeil

Jim McNeil Points Member

Jun 30, 2020
    [​IMG]

DJ4SC likes this.
  16. Jim McNeil

Jim McNeil Points Member

Jun 30, 2020
    The scale in the first chart is too large to include the mortality in the second. But Mmkay shut it all down.

Oh and after antibody testing that 2.5 mil is more likely to be 25 mil. Add to that that the mortality rate is also inflated.

Add to the inflated mortality almost half is due to Democrat governors putting contagious patients into nursing homes that weren't capable of properly handling the victims.

in essence we have a Flu

TheRealAirbns likes this.
  17. GaryB

GaryB Junior Member

Jun 30, 2020
    Yeah, it's a Pareto argument, how can we make someone better off without making someone else worse off? You can't, so unless you can eliminate the possibility of victims, why shouldn't you be required to wear a mask or face punishment if you don't?

If you are correct and the number is 25 million (CDC is estimating 6 million) and 70% of the population will be infected without a vaccine; then, the death total will be 1,219,000 (based on your numbers)