Are we the physically weakest team in CFB?

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by flyfishintrojan, Sep 21, 2019.

1. Are we the physically weakest team in CFB?
    flyfishintrojan

flyfishintrojan Junior Member

Sep 21, 2019
    How many times do I have to watch our kids corral a runner only to have the runner break free? Is it against the law for our guys to have cut delts, tri’s, and bi’s? Do girls in SoCal despise buffed guys? Guitar players in metal bands have better arms than our kids.

2. mvpreed2

mvpreed2 Junior Member

Sep 21, 2019
    M.Stepp is the answer to your question.
    This is an attempt to troll so I’m not going to act like this is a legit question, thus the reason why NOBODY replied to you before me posting this.

How about you enjoy the fact that our USC Trojans are 3-1 (2-0 PAC-12), have two wins over two top 25 programs AND still have two more games to prove to the world (and people on this board like you) who doubt us that we MIGHT be legit this season?
    Thank you.

3. flyfishintrojan

flyfishintrojan Junior Member

Sep 21, 2019
    How many folks here were going to baseball bat their flat screens when the Utah QB almost broke free on that late game sack, even though our kid had him dead?

uscvball likes this.
  4. Trojanopolis

Trojanopolis Junior Member

Sep 21, 2019
    Although I've disagreed with FlyFish in the past, he poses a legit question. I too am shocked at the apparent lack of strength shown by our defense and offense. I realize we brought on a new S&C guy this year, but I'm not seeing a lot of progress in our conditioning.

5. Ventura Trojan

Ventura Trojan Junior Member

WeAreSc Member
    Sep 21, 2019
    We do have problems containing the edge and bringing down opponents on first contact. I feel this can be fixed in practice. Not sure if Heltons practices CAN fix it. Even though we had those deficiencies last night are defense was on the field ALL night and could have very easily gave up.

I think that was a huge gut check, old school, street fight last night and we did not give up. I will admit we have issues but last night showed me some toughness and a willing to fight.

When Slovis went down I wanted pay back bad and it looked like the team wanted payback and it showed. in a epic Friday night throw down I saw some fight in these boys where they could have just laid down. If you keep a little mean streak, keep fighting and put a chip on your shoulder who knows what can happen. FIGHT THE HELL ON!!!!! great gut check win last night

6. Eeks2284

Eeks2284 Junior Member

Sep 21, 2019
    Gustin was pretty strong too when he was here, but didn't really help him. Miss the days when USC had an edge guy like Uchenna who was dependable, did his job and didn't try to be a superhero or kill the QB drawing a flag.

7. Poodlemothra

Poodlemothra Junior Member

Sep 21, 2019
    Not to mention running over 110lb Pola Mao at will and ridiculous arm tackling. It's all on Clancy and his dumb defense.

8. CCTrojans

CCTrojans Junior Member

Sep 21, 2019
    I'm not proud of it, but I lost a 65 inch TV last night. It wasn't because of our poor tackling, although that was a source of frustration. It was after one of those penalties we got for playing hard. This sport is getting so dumb.