Any word on EA? Read that Mich State is trying to pull him

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by Ride Fly, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Any word on EA? Read that Mich State is trying to pull him
    Ride Fly

Ride Fly Junior Member

Jan 14, 2021
    A month old article, but read that after MSU flipped Ma’a, they were going after EA too. Any other schools pursuing?

I‘m guessing this won’t be a popular sentiment, as it seems most here have written him off, but I wouldn’t mind seeing him stay at SC. Just one more year to see if he can turn all that natural ability to actual execution on the field. Would love to see our LB corps tearing it up with EA & Solo especially, but also with the rest of the guys (Mauga, Katoa, Iosefa, Goforth, Scott, and Echols). If either Julien Simon & Raesjon wins a starting spot, more power to them and the SC defense! I want the Pete Carroll philosophy of the best player plays.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2021

2. Jay4usc

Jay4usc Points Member

Jan 14, 2021
    I have a feeling he’s not fitting in with Orlando style of playing. I recall reading Orlando was really hard on him during camp.

Ride Fly likes this.
  3. Cardinal&Gold

Cardinal&Gold Junior Member

Jan 14, 2021
    The three teams that stick out to me for EA are Cal, Utah and ASU. I hope he's considering them.

Rodgarnay51 likes this.
  4. Trojack

Trojack Junior Member

Jan 14, 2021
    It wasn't just Orlando. He had trouble playing for Clancy as well. And it wasn't just style. He had no idea where he was supposed to be on any given play. He needs to be in a defense where the DC will just let him run around the field hitting people.

5. Rodgarnay51

Rodgarnay51 Junior Member

Jan 14, 2021
    I agree. I hate to be so disparaging, but unfortunately IMO he looked like he was running around like a chicken with his head cut off more often that not. He may yet have a high ceiling, but his floor is barely off the ground. I don't think the run-round-and-hit-people approach would work any better; in fact it might make things worse for him since he has to make his own decisions.

6. Rodgarnay51

Rodgarnay51 Junior Member

Jan 14, 2021
    UCLA might be an even better fit.

3rd Slide likes this.
  7. billsb1970

billsb1970 Junior Member

Jan 14, 2021
    Originally I thought EA liked the tuff love Orlando was showing him. He needed coaching up to make him play to his best ability. Evidently, EA took it personally.

Rodgarnay51 and Kaptain Karl like this.