Any Trojans Opting out of the Holiday Bowl?

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by redeye, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Bartner

Bartner Junior Member

Dec 9, 2019
    Watched Northwestern last year get into the Utes heads for a massive come from behind beatdown of Utah. Rained like hell but was a vastly entertaining game. Clay is no Fitz with disciplined players so.....no not going. Being a NU USC family is like watching the tail of two football styles and perspectives. At least NU doesn’t accept photoshopped kids as athletes.

ConquerorSC likes this.
  2. CP619

CP619 Junior Member

Dec 9, 2019
  3. gubo&palanka

gubo&palanka Points Member

WeAreSc Member
    Dec 9, 2019
    I am, too. Won't attend while that moron remains the head coach.

4. TrojanDave85

TrojanDave85 Junior Member

Dec 9, 2019
    We will not be there. Thought about it - even made presumptive hotel reservations - until the coaching decision was made...

5. ConquerorSC

ConquerorSC Points Member

Dec 9, 2019
    I was hoping the university would see the obvious and that they’d can the Dough and get a good coach. Holiday Bowls have been fun when there’s hope. Not going, man.

6. ConquerorSC

ConquerorSC Points Member

Dec 9, 2019
    Will you be there?

7. GoSC1

GoSC1 Junior Member

Dec 9, 2019
    I read it as draft eligible players

BESCFAN likes this.
  8. SouthbayTrojan91

SouthbayTrojan91 Junior Member

Dec 9, 2019
    Ya, I think we all took it in a different direction then the OP's question intent.

I have not heard anything about any players sitting out....who would that be anyway? Pittman? who else has a high enough draft status that sitting out is a legit option?

9. TrojanHorse

TrojanHorse Junior Member

Dec 9, 2019
    Interesting spin on the weekly roll call. Is this sort of like confirming a false positive? I might be confused...

...but I do plan to attend

If you meant "players" opting out...then never mind and carry on

10. Illiad

Illiad Points Member

Dec 9, 2019
    Go Trojans! Win the Holiday Bowl!

I have only missed 3 games in Southern California in 35 years due to accident, injury, and a death in the family.

I am boycotting the Holiday Bowl. I am not going till Bohn is fired, and I will get to work on getting Folt fired next as well (since they ain't listening to any of us, and it ain't going to happen anytime soon) I will boycott

BOYCOTT

reaLchaZZZy and SCFTFO like this.
  11. Bartner

Bartner Junior Member

Dec 9, 2019
    ONE is all? And to a higher ranked university without med school dean druggie and MD sexual assaulter on staff.... USC has lots more to clean up and that’s why we are stuck with Gomer

12. conquest4ever81

conquest4ever81 Points Member

Dec 9, 2019
    So as long as Helton was fired, it wouldn't matter who his replacement is, you would still go to the game?

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
  13. sctrojan2006

sctrojan2006 Junior Member

Dec 9, 2019
    I bought tickets for my wife and I yesterday. Going to show support for the seniors playing in the game and the rest of the Men of Troy, and make a weekend of it. Should be a decent game and match up. Low expectations for coaching, but expect the players to come to play. I got decent seats on the USC side 50yd line for less than $100 each. It is what it is, but I will root for them to Fight On!

14. 1980trojan

1980trojan Points Member

Dec 10, 2019
    Hey maybe they will use Pac 12 refs and show it on the Pac 12 network. That will make the game a TV blockbuster !!!!

LOL JK.

Well sorta. This conference has become a real joke to the rest of the country due to our wonderful Pac 12 comish and his self serving ideas to neuter our conference and specifically OUR university SMH. Shame on you Larry Scott and shame on our administrators past and present for allowing this whole mess to happen. Not one of them had the guts to fight the NCAA in the beginning which started this disaster. Pat Haden just rolled over and said "stick it to us,I'll help." What a loser. All this Helton crap would not be an issue if we had stood up to the NCAA when we had the chance. All I have to say is, THEY FRIGGIN LET PENN STATE GET OFF with a slap on the wrist for harboring a Pedophile!!!! Miami, Oregon, Ohio State, UNC and the entire SEC all get a pass because they don't let the NCAA push them around. But we have " Integrity" so now we are to accept mediocrity as our standard!!!! Very sad and frustrating.
    Sorry, had to rant. There is nothing worse than being lied to over and over by people who think you don't matter and have no voice and aren't smart enough to see through their BS.

Fight On!

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019