Any posters at 05 ND game

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by Troy70, Mar 26, 2020.

1. Any posters at 05 ND game
    Troy70

Troy70 Junior Member

Mar 26, 2020
    Missed a huge game but was with alumni group in OC that went wild. Maybe too much drinking & toast to victory, ha. Watching dvd that HH sent me that has SC Voice Pete Arbo calling game instead of NBC clowns, lol. Give Iron Mike credit for that. Matt checking out of play & going to DJ, key. Long grass claiming Reed’s knee. Burn in Hell Weiss

gubo&palanka likes this.

2. Fourthseed

Fourthseed Junior Member

Mar 26, 2020
    Yes, Jarrett ran right at us and Matt and Reggie were right in front of us. Euphoric game!!! Great fun waiting for the officials to clear the field of the Irish clowns. The ball bounced out of bounds right in front of us as well. It was obvious.

gubo&palanka likes this.
  3. ErikMcKinney

ErikMcKinney Administrator

Staff Member
    Mar 26, 2020
    This is what stood out for me. Jarrett coming down the sideline running straight toward us. I’m sure it would have been just as thrilling if they were going the other way or the USC seats were somewhere else, but having all the action barreling straight at us really added to that finish.

gubo&palanka likes this.
  4. dp4life

dp4life Points Member

Mar 26, 2020
    I was there with some longtime friends - and it was their first time attending a live college football game...
    We were sitting in the ND alumni section right at about the 10 yard line on the winning TD end. The scene watching the ND fans in our section going from complete elation to intense rage was classic.
    Those Irish Catholics sure know how to use the F word in more ways than I've ever imagined....

gubo&palanka likes this.
  5. heyrev

heyrev Junior Member

Mar 27, 2020
    No, but the older I get I'm planning on saying I was...

6. denali15

denali15 Points Member

Mar 27, 2020
    Yes, all that action was at the USC fan area. One of the few times I was happy to have crappy end-zone seats.

The most fun: fans swarm the field, have to get back to their seats because 3 secs left, then you could hear a pin drop during that last play, or so I remember it.

gubo&palanka likes this.
  7. FIGHTON!

FIGHTON! Junior Member

Mar 28, 2020
    Yes. Every ND game since 88.

Fight on! Beat the Tide! Fight on!