Analogy Helton led team is to Darnold...

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by Trojan4life_itul1, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Analogy Helton led team is to Darnold...
    Trojan4life_itul1

Trojan4life_itul1 Junior Member

Oct 15, 2019
    Same as Jets is to Darnold.
    Did you see how much of a difference Darnold makes to a team? Vs. Dallas Cowboys, a star studded playoff bound team in a must win situation as a 7 point favorite? He lifted a team that was last in most of offensive categories, the team that only scored one offensive touchdown in three prior games without him, which was only a 20 yard drive after an turnover btw and took them to the TD land 3 times in a half.
    It seems clear to me that Darnold ruined Helton in thinking that any highly touted QB have the same effect to a team. Did he forget that a QB, after seening Darnold for 1 week of practice, quit and left USC? Did he forget that Darnold made a rag tag bunch of walk-on service team good enough to compete and sometime win against the first team during practice? Did he forget that he beat out a Gatorade player of the year 5-star QB? I think he did. He thinks coaching is let guys watch tape and analyse and talk about them while holding hands. He would say things like, "Hey, watch your hat placement!" "You gotta get lower!" "Could you please throw to the open reciever?" "Can you get open pelase?" "Can you do that?"
    During his press calls post ND game, he said exactly that. "WE WERE IN POSTION TO MAKE ONE ON ONE PLAY...WE NEED TO MAKE IT." He never really tells you how or show you how he is going to do that.
    Maybe a player might muster up the courage and say, "hmm...coach, can we run this in full speed to see if our techniques and physicality can actually match the implemented ideas?" Helton rebuts, "No, No, No...we don't wanna risk injuries...no..." Look at all the injured players, Vivae, the secondary..., no, no it will make it worse." "The actual game is physical enough, so we should practice tackling pillows at 50% speed, 51% would be too much!" "Hey, we won with Darnold!" "We can do it again!"

Helton, I hope for your sake, start practicing like a real football team.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2019
    PickSicx, Troy70 and August West like this.

2. Troy70

Troy70 Junior Member

Oct 15, 2019
    Recall in 2017 Sam comment about other team knowing our plays before snap. Clay had him backtrack later.

jpq21 and Hockey10 like this.
  3. Trojan4life_itul1

Oct 15, 2019
    I remember that, no wonder why he wouldn't come back for his senior year. I bet he would have if Pete was still the coach and we would have won at least 2 championships!

4. Troy70

Troy70 Junior Member

Oct 15, 2019
    Recall Jet coach saying they have to teach Sam to Audible. Sam said SC didn’t teach him that. Recall Matt L saying Chow taught that to him. Silly of me to compare , ha

Hockey10 and Trojan4life_itul1 like this.
  5. Trojan4life_itul1

Oct 15, 2019
    Another proof of his inaptness...And he was a QB in college!!!

6. Jay4usc

Jay4usc Points Member

Oct 15, 2019
    He didn’t return for his senior year bc he was going top 5 in the draft.

7. Trojan4life_itul1

Oct 15, 2019
    Matt Lienart was projected as top 10 pick after his jr year and he came back.

8. Jay4usc

Jay4usc Points Member

Oct 15, 2019
    Yes he did and probably lost money by doing so.

9. jpq21

jpq21 Junior Member

Oct 16, 2019
    Did you forget that Helton started that Gatorade player of the year 5-star QB over Sam? He has no clue.

Trojan4life_itul1 likes this.