A little levity for the Board

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by heyrev, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Cyrus

Cyrus Junior Member

Oct 22, 2018
    Just run the power I with #99 fullback the entire game and we beat the devils. Inexperienced QB and a center that cannot do shotgun snaps will not be an issue. Protects QB from injury too.

USC Trojan likes this.
  2. heyrev

heyrev Junior Member

Oct 22, 2018
    I haven't "come around" to anything. If you read that into what I wrote, you're mistaken. The vitriol for Clay is nothing I subscribe to or want to put my name on. I'm a fan of USC, its coaches, and its players. I am merely saying in the world of college football, momentum swings downward at times where it's unsalvageable. For whatever reason this didn't work at a level acceptable to the fanbase. Changeover is all that's left now.

DaFireMedic and The Lizard King like this.
  3. The Lizard King

The Lizard King Junior Member

Oct 22, 2018
    This is all moot. I'm pretty sure that JT is going to get cleared and will start.

4. DaFireMedic

DaFireMedic Junior Member

Oct 22, 2018
    Not really. Some knew from the start that CCH was going to be our coach for at least 3 seasons whether we wanted him as HC or not, and chose to root for him to succeed, and rightly so. There were many positives by the end of the 2016 season to support that position.

Some others chose to slam Helton from day one and looked only at the negatives. There were clearly some negatives from the start, but to focus solely on those makes little sense. Some even took it to extremes (and still do) with jr. high level name calling and personal attacks on him.

Regardless, even the most ardent CCH supporters (save for maybe a few holdouts) recognize that the team is heading in the wrong direction and have come to the conclusion that as much as we wanted CCH to be the guy that gets us back among the elites, it just isn’t happening, and we are ready for a change.

Just as the “I told you so” threads and posts after the 2016 turnaround got old really quick, so now the “I told you so” posts in the other direction have gotten old.

I’m hoping that changes are made at the end of the season (CCH won’t be fired mid-season) that can get us back on the right track.

5. yah20002

yah20002 Junior Member

Oct 22, 2018
    I think my equilibrium is off from SMH so much. Every time I read something from this staff, my head automatically starts turning side to side. Anyone else experience the same symptoms?

6. dp4life

dp4life Points Member

Oct 22, 2018
    Why doesn't Sears know the playbook?

7. travyav

travyav Junior Member

Oct 22, 2018
    Great post!!!!!! One of the best ever. Rack him!

DaFireMedic likes this.
  8. SoCalN8tiv

SoCalN8tiv Junior Member

Oct 22, 2018
    Jack don't need no stinkin' playbook. Jack has fresh legs!

The Lizard King and DaFireMedic like this.
  9. SCFTFO

SCFTFO Junior Member

Oct 22, 2018
    Scaled back? Do they plan to take a knee every play? Then maybe eventually break out Tee's most innovative playcall yet, "the fake knee"