A Coach that gets it!

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by GoSC27!, Sep 18, 2019.

2. Jiko

Jiko Points Member

Sep 18, 2019
    That depends on your perspective. Some would argue that he’s throwing his OL under the bus and not owning up to a poor coaching job.

VM805 and DaFireMedic like this.
  3. KANDI11

KANDI11 Junior Member

Sep 18, 2019
    The same coach that got suspended an entire season for looking the other way on bounties to hurt opposing players?

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
    sctrojan2006 likes this.
  4. GoSC27!

GoSC27! Points Member

Sep 19, 2019
    I bet you this much, if he made himself available at the college level he would get hired in a heartbeat!
    Fight On!

5. nvargas

nvargas Junior Member

Sep 19, 2019
    Whether or not he'd get hired is irrelevenat. What's relevant is whether NFL methods would work on the college level, and I'd say no.

NFL players are professionals and you deal with their agents. You can cut them, you can insult them, you can trade them.

In college, you make a pact with that player and his family during recruiting. These are still kids at 17-18, and still vulnerable at 19-20.

Blaming your OL in college means you either can't coach or can't recruit; either way, the coach doesn't come out looking good.

Different environments require different styles.

If however you mean it'd be refreshing for CH to actually say something meaningfull and critical of the team, to light a fire under them and clearly acknowledge what's wrong (and how severe it is), then I'm right there with you. I have no time/interest in CH's platitudes...I'd rather listen to a politician in campaign season...

DaFireMedic likes this.
  6. beeto

beeto Junior Member

Sep 19, 2019
    He also gets suspended for an entire year for trying to harm opposing players.
    Yeah.....you gotta luv a guy like that.

Let’s bring that mentality and infuse it to 18 year olds.
    When you can’t beat them ....hurt them on purpose .

sctrojan2006 likes this.
  7. GoSC27!

GoSC27! Points Member

Sep 19, 2019
    My original point is that Peyton gets it and identifies the problem. Yeah we are dealing with kids, but there is no coddling. He never singled out an individual. And if the Oline play continues he will get rid of his Oline coach rather then telling the media he is one of the greatest Oline coaches in the nation.
    Fight On!