2021 QB Jake Garcia commits to USC

Discussion in 'Trojan Recruiting' started by ErikMcKinney, Sep 23, 2019.

2. TXTrojan_itul1

TXTrojan_itul1 Junior Member

Sep 24, 2019
    This will certainly help soften the blow of losing Young... but a year later. In the meantime... we have to start doing something in recruiting for this year, Young was hopefully the piece to help motivate other top recruits to join... we are looking sluggish and that is putting in nicely.

3. GoSC1

GoSC1 Junior Member

Sep 24, 2019
    I think the uncertainty of our coaching staff is taking a toll. Hard to commit when you don’t know what your committing to

4. TXTrojan_itul1

Sep 24, 2019
    No doubt, you have no argument from me on that.

There are a lot of issues with whether this staff will be here next year, same issue we had last year as well. I will say this, Urban is hit or miss on this board it seems... maybe 60-40% in favor of his hiring. BUT there certainly seems to be a lot of smoke out there about his coming here. If this thing has legs and is growing into conversations and backroom negotiating, I think CH would be out even if the team where 9-3 and won the South or PAC.

Hiring Urban does not guarantee a NC, but it would certainly garner MASSIVE national attention which in turn brings lots of recruit attention. Urban has won and competed for Natty's year in and year out, he has placed a massive about of draft picks in the league and that is a reputation that you do not just stumble upon, only a select few can claim that over the last several years. If it is strictly a football position (we know that is not all that will be considered) Urban is a no brainer and hiring him would fire off tremendous motivation and momentum instantly.

5. GoSC1

GoSC1 Junior Member

Sep 24, 2019
    Very true. I think that is what is SO frustrating for me. It is a no brainer (hiring Meyer) if it was solely a football decision. But we have the integrity of the University to consider and with all the recent scandals both academically and athletic, Meyer doesn’t pass that test.
    Of course, since I’m not an alum, I shouldn’t really care about that, but I do. Very much.

6. Canyon

Canyon Junior Member

Sep 24, 2019
    Very good deal, but hopefully this one sticks. Garcia is one of the top QB's in the nation. JG has a strong arm, very athletic, moves well, excellent feet and throwing mechanics. Throws a nice, tight spiral and pretty accurate. JG will thrive in CGH offense.

Shoot, USC offered QB Miller Moss, Bishop Alemany- Mission Hills, CA and from early reports he is very interested in USC. Seen MMoss play twice and he has a gun for an arm and very accurate. Throws a tight spiral. I really like MMoss very much. Is it possible MMoss commits even with the JGarcia commitment?

It would be great if USC lands both QB's. Why not? They will have great WR's to throw to...

gubo&palanka likes this.
  7. TXTrojan_itul1

Sep 24, 2019
    I am an alumn and big football fan... I still want that dude HA!! I have difficulty rooting against CH and yet wanting to win all our games... just doesn't go hand in hand. Well, whatever the administration does, I may bitch and complain, but I still support the teams... FIGHT ON!! ✌

8. 2blkk

2blkk Junior Member

Sep 24, 2019
    So has anyone seen this recruiting play. And what is being said about his talents

9. SoAmericanTrojan

SoAmericanTrojan Junior Member

Sep 24, 2019
    Losing Young is a blow....but i believe this class recruiting focus has and will be the trenches.....sprinkle 2 or 3 skill players and voila .....we do not have 25 spot in this class and if we fill them with big boys for both lines i be trill.....just saying

gubo&palanka likes this.
  10. Boselli

Boselli Junior Member

Sep 24, 2019
    I sure wish we had a HS football Message Board. I guess this one is where we used to discuss all the programs and their coaches with Garry and Helix and a few other very knowledgeable HS football dudes. I miss that.

ClovisTroy likes this.
  11. FTFO/USC

FTFO/USC Junior Member

Sep 25, 2019
    if you like lowly rated linemen that no one else is pursuing, your in for a real treat