2021 CB Class

Discussion in 'Trojan Recruiting' started by Canyon, Jun 29, 2020.

1. 2021 CB Class
    Canyon

Canyon Junior Member

Jun 29, 2020
    2021 CB class.

OK, Jaylin Davies committed to Oregon Duckies tough pill to swallow. Seen Davies the last 2 years at Mater Dei, he’s an elite CB. Even though USC does not even have one CB committed yet, I feel the final CB class will be awesome.

Remaining 4 stars CB that have high interest in USC. Nathaniel Wiggins, GA, Jaylin Smith, Alemany HS, Jamier Johnson, Muir HS. Ceyair Wriight, Loyola HS is leaning to 2 other schools, but there’s still a chance for USC. I read that USC is recruiting him hard.

Then, there’s a RB/Athlete, Prophet Brown, 5’11, 185 lbs, 4.45 40 speed, El Grove HS, CA, 2 way player, RB and CB. He has an offer from USC and interested. Viewed his HL tape and this young man is a very good FB player. I like CB’s that played RB too. These types of CB are very physical and tuff guys. Plus, he could end up as a substitute for RB if needed due injuries. PB is very versatile player for the team CB, RB and Special Team.

Former outstanding CB’s, Daylon McCutcheon and Brian Kelly were 2 way players and excelled at RB’s in HS. These 2 guys were very physical CB’s for USC. I feel Prophet Brown would play the position like McCutcheon and Kelly.

Here’s my wish list for a 3 to 4 CB class: Nathaniel Wiggins, Jaylin Smith, Prophet Brown and Jamier Johnson. Dang, this would be an outstanding CB class. USC has a good chance getting these 4 players.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2020 at 6:56 AM
    earlandnic and Rodgarnay51 like this.

2. ErikMcKinney

ErikMcKinney Administrator

Staff Member
    Jun 29, 2020
    Nathaniel Wiggins and Ceyair Wright are the two at the top of my wish list for corner. Jaylin Smith and Jamier Johnson would be just behind them.

Lots of smoke about Oklahoma with Prophet Brown right now.

Canyon and Rodgarnay51 like this.
  3. Canyon

Canyon Junior Member

Jun 29, 2020
    Erik, Shoot your 4 players would be a Big Kaboom. That's an awesome class. Did not know that about Prophet Brown and Oklahoma. Brown would be a physical type CB that the team could use. Crossing my figures USC land Brown though.

What's the % of landing Wiggins, Wright, Smith, Johnson? And, how about Brown, are the coaches recruiting him much?

4. LoyalTrojan

LoyalTrojan Junior Member

Jun 29, 2020
    Get Brandon Campbell on the case.....

AZUSCfan likes this.
  5. mvpreed2

mvpreed2 Junior Member

Jul 2, 2020
    The notion of USC not being able to win and/or put elite players in the NFL at a rate we used to is a big part of why I believe we don't get as many OOC prospects to come to USC.
    It is hard to sway a prospect from the elite SEC competition in the AND the percentage of prospects that get drafted in the NFL.

6. Marlon Brown

Marlon Brown Points Member

Jul 2, 2020
    Being developed is not an issue in this case. I think it's simply distance and parents maybe wanting to experience the SEC treatment. Kid wants to be on the west coast....I think Florida is heavily involved now.

LDIABootney likes this.