2015: #3 Utah at unranked USC

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by AnnenbergGrad, Sep 18, 2019.

1. CFB Fan

CFB Fan Junior Member

Sep 18, 2019
    No such thing as “rush hour” in LA. Anymore it’s “rush 24/7” and I’m strictly speaking to the traffic, not the run game.

DaFireMedic likes this.
  2. norcalsurfer

norcalsurfer Points Member

Sep 18, 2019
    USC is stuck in LA but is in a very soft conference, that in itself is a win for a prospective coach looking for a less stressful atmosphere, compared to say the SEC and Big Ten where there are at least 3-4 other coaches that give you issues.

DaFireMedic likes this.
  3. norcalsurfer

Sep 18, 2019
    I think Pick or Denali said it but say that coach/athlete becomes big in LA, the house they're living in is going to increase in value as well. Some person (whether a domestic or international buyer) is bound to buy that house for a lot of money.

4. AnnenbergGrad

AnnenbergGrad Junior Member

Sep 18, 2019
    You have to be big enough for the big city and the big job.

Los Angeles is a great city and So Cal is a great region. You just have to know how to navigate it and make it here. And you have to embrace the tougher parts and do your part to make them better. Ask PC.

Petersen ultimately decided he didn't want it. He said publicly it was a mutual pass. There is no guarantee he'd be a success here anyway. If he's a small city guy, which he is, he wouldn't stomach the scrutiny very well.

Helton ain't the guy. Whittingham may not be. UM may not be. But the guy is out there.

5. norcalsurfer

Sep 18, 2019
    [​IMG]

6. DaFireMedic

DaFireMedic Junior Member

Sep 18, 2019
    From what I understand, Petersen was never offered in his two interviews with Haden. It’s clear that Petersen was interested when he went in, I’m not sure what happened in the discussion that changed that.

There’s no guarantee with any coach, but I’d have taken the chance with him over Sark any day.

7. AnnenbergGrad

AnnenbergGrad Junior Member

Sep 18, 2019
    I can't disagree with Peterson > Sark when it comes to college football head coach.

8. Usc_teeth

Usc_teeth Points Member

Sep 18, 2019
    When did Seattle become a small city? It’s the second biggest city in the conference and one of the top 5 biggest cities that any elite football school is in. Actually only Los Angeles sticks out to me as being larger. I don’t consider university of Houston a power program. I don’t think any elite powers are in Chicago or NY city so basically Seattle and LA are the two biggest cities in the country with elite college football programs and little city Peterson was down for both jobs.