“We’ve got to get used to it” “This is the way college football is right now.” DONE!

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by Trojanopolis, Oct 10, 2015.

1. “We’ve got to get used to it” “This is the way college football is right now.” DONE!
    Trojanopolis

Trojanopolis Junior Member

Oct 10, 2015
    I'M DONE!

Sark wins against Notre Dame? Great....still DONE!

UCLA? Same.....DONE!

I don't want that man to be the HC of USC anymore. PERIOD. EXCLAMATION POINT!!!

I didn't want him to be the HC in the first place, but now I will settle for nothing less than his dismissal at the end of the year.

For him to utter that after that disgraceful performance where his players were outplayed and he and his keystone cops of a coaching staff were outcoached...he is not fit to be the head coach of USC!

And if Pat Haden ISN'T lining up the committee for a new coaching search, well...I'm done with him too!

Sark is not an elite coach and he never will be. He is a meandering, mediocre huckster of a coach which is just what his record at Washington said he was.

I hope this loss has finally convinced the "Sark is Great" holdouts that their trust in this guy has been sorely misplaced.

PVtrojan likes this.

2. SoCalN8tiv

SoCalN8tiv Junior Member

Oct 10, 2015
    Very Larry Smith-ish and Paul Hackett-ish comment. Not a good sign. That's loser talk. I'm not diggin' the message. Neither did the masterful Pete Carroll in his only meeting with Hackett.

3. ArchiTrojan

ArchiTrojan Junior Member

Oct 10, 2015
    Unfortunately, I have a high BS tolerance. I also like to get out of the way and let professionals do their job. So I've preached guarded patience with Sark since he was hired.

But saying -that- after the field goal attempt that, to me, sums up everything wrong with his time here, is the last straw. Unless he magically transforms the team into Seal Team 6 who lie waste to every opponent, or magically transforms himself into a demigod who calls down miracles from on high and we win out, I want him and his ''lower your expectations because this is the best I can do'' mentality gone. Because I don't believe in magic.

4. TailbackU

TailbackU Junior Member

Oct 10, 2015
    Sark's version of the Larry Smith parity comment. The words of a defeated man who can't compete.

5. GoSC1

GoSC1 Junior Member

Oct 10, 2015
    As an educator I think about how secure my job would be if I said in front of my Administation, parents et al when talking about the low performance of my students on their State tests: '' well, that's the way education is these days. We better get used to these low scores''. In my high performing District (one of the top in So Cal) if i didn't get fired, I would find my Admin very unsupportive and probably wud get a very undesirable spot hoping I wud leave. These quotes are entirely unacceptable for a HC at any program let alone a program like SCs. Sark has to go

6. scottsdaletrojan

scottsdaletrojan Junior Member

Oct 10, 2015
    100% agree with the OP. I was never in favor of the hire. Unfortunately, we have a #2 running our program in disguise as a #1.

I said after the game on Thursday Sark should of just gone to the podium and simply apologized the The Trojan Family for the pathetic performance in all 3-phases and walked away w/o answering any questions. Every time this guy is in front of a mike he digs his hole deeper and deeper.

I'm waiting for the predictable Haden response were he will say that he's "100% behind Sark and fully supports him". That's usually the kiss-of-death with our AD.

Fight ON & Beat the Domers!

7. Frisco

Frisco Junior Member

Oct 10, 2015
    Apparently, keeping the Conference competitive is more important than winning championships. The only thing that I can think of that would support a reason why these goofballs are in charge.

8. Trojanbus

Trojanbus Junior Member

Oct 10, 2015
    "We've got to get used to it". WTF????????

Fire this loser, get him used to that. With that loser attitude of "getting used to it" and losing to a crappy udub team, he should get used to getting fired, with the first one starting today.

I can't believe our head coach said the we have to get used to losing. Fire this ahole immediately!!!!!!!!!
    Sark sucks!!!!!

9. ArchiTrojan

ArchiTrojan Junior Member

Oct 10, 2015
    But what if, and stay with me here, what if he wins out?

I mean, we'll be ''saved'' from that hypothetical because he won't.
    But, what if, against all odds, it came true?
    How could you possibly fire Sarkisian at 10-2?
    If his actions directly contradicted his words?

10. Grimes

Grimes Junior Member

Oct 10, 2015
    I don't even want to win out at this point. That makes it far likelier than we'll get stuck with Sark and this staff for at least one more season and I want to completely clean house after this.

11. BlueBlood

BlueBlood Junior Member

Oct 10, 2015
    This mess does sound an awful like the ending for the late Larry Smith, who, for the record, was a better coach than Sark.