“Miss Angela”

Discussion in 'GarryP's Trojan Huddle' started by Carnauber, Nov 18, 2018.

1. TroyCAM

TroyCAM Junior Member

Nov 26, 2019
    This thread has to be named as a finalist for the "worst post of 2018".

TrojanMoondoggie likes this.
  2. AZUSCfan

AZUSCfan Junior Member

Nov 26, 2019
    Agree...It also just became an instant finalist for "Worst Comeback Post of 2019"

Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
  3. SC93er

SC93er Junior Member

Nov 26, 2019
    Exactly...should never have been resurrected.

4. Carnauber

Carnauber Junior Member

Nov 26, 2019
    Um, I wrote it, and I agree with you. Why and how did anyone find this? Utterly irrelevant anymore. Although the anger is still there...it is always there...

5. uscvball

uscvball Junior Member

Nov 26, 2019
    Agree that it was an add one to dig up (likely a ruin troll). Utterly irrelevant though? Your thoughts have changed about southern culture in the last year? There was a total disregard and disrespect of Helton's wife. He's a well-paid employee....she is off-limits IMO.

SCBIGTIME likes this.
  6. 87trojan

87trojan Points Member

Jan 4, 2020
    I can't stand Clay as much as the next guy. Talking about his wife though is just ridiculous.
    There is enough material to talk about how incompetent a coach he is to not resort to low rent attacks on his spouse.

7. BOULDER TO BIRMINGHAM

BOULDER TO BIRMINGHAM Junior Member

Jan 4, 2020
    Spoken like a true "Bruin troll"

8. heyrev

heyrev Junior Member

Jan 4, 2020
    I have to laugh at the moral outrage expressed in this thread. Talk about classic relativism. Some of you have now drawn the line at his wife?! That's rich. This board waved bye-bye to any moral standard regarding Helton a long time ago.

ConquerorSC likes this.
  9. conquest4ever81

conquest4ever81 Points Member

Jan 4, 2020
    Helton haters never disappoint when it comes to being classless turds.
    images (55).jpeg
    When the going gets tough, the tough get going.

10. DJ4SC

DJ4SC Junior Member

Jan 4, 2020

It’s obvious that you aren’t aware of board etiquette then as family members have long been off limits.
    There’s nothing wrong with criticizing Helton for being in over his head though “moral standard” or not.

11. heyrev

heyrev Junior Member

Jan 5, 2020
    Oh, just stop with your faux limits. So now your sensitivities are breached with family members being attacked? How arbitrary can you be? When Clay Helton, a Trojan Family member, is called names ("worthless turd"), personally disparaged daily, had his motives impugned, work habits savaged, and mental competence attacked, those aren't moral violations? But now, in predictable fashion, it slides into denigrating his wife, you suddenly cry foul? Let me say to you then what I've heard when I call these out: Get off your high horse!

12. denali15

denali15 Points Member

Jan 5, 2020
    For what it's worth, Nick Saban calls his wife Miss Terry...but then he isn't much of a coach, is he?

13. qqqqqqqman

qqqqqqqman Junior Member

Jan 5, 2020

Despite your attempt at equating a “USC family member” with one of his “own family members”, they are hardly the same. There is no way Helton’s wife deserves to be drawn into discussions about the coach and his performance or personal attributes.

Ok...get back on your low morality horse.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2020
  14. aimeedee

aimeedee Points Member

Jan 5, 2020
    I am a USC grad, the proud parent of two USC grads and the sibling of a USC grad. Try again. It seems more of you"true" Trojans could learn a thing or two about loyalty.

15. uscjrl98

uscjrl98 Junior Member

Jan 5, 2020
    Man Are you really that dumb? Helton is not a Trojan Family Member. Really we went through this a year ago. He is a hired employee. Nothing more. Geez your ignorant. USC has approximately 25K employees. Newsflash THEY ARE NOT USC ALUMS/ FAMILY they are employees. How the hell you morphed an employee into an alum is astonishing. In your delusional fantasy land someone who worked part time at the Med School for a couple years is now an alum and part of the Trojan Family. Man why the hell did I spend 8 years and 400k dollars at SC when I could have just worked there and become part of the USC family. You are really disrespecting REAL USC ALUM/FAMILY with your ignorant rants. Effin equating us to employees at the school. WTF is wrong with you.

Aimeedee who just posted and I don't always agree with is part of the USC family and she always will be. She went there not worked there. If you don't see the difference I really can't help you.

16. 23 Blast on 3rd and 7

23 Blast on 3rd and 7 Points Member

Jan 5, 2020
    Who the f**K cares? If it has nothing to do with USC Football, who the f**k cares anyway? There's plenty to go after Helton that actually involves USC Football and that's all that should mean anything to us.

17. aimeedee

aimeedee Points Member

Jan 5, 2020
    I agree with you that no one should be personally attacked. The fact that Helton is an "employee" shouldn't make a difference. If people want to call him out for specific things he has said/done or failed to do, that is fine. I don't know why it is deemed acceptable to personally attack him. I've never understood the vile hatred expressed toward fellow Trojans. And, while I appreciate jr198's deference, I do consider our coaches and even former coaches to be part of the Trojan family. I consider Ed Orgeron part of the Trojan Family.

I also understand -- as illogical as it seems -- why some people are comfortable with ugly personal attacks, but draw the line at family members. That said, I don't see the OP's comments as an attack on Helton's wife. He was very clearly making fun of Helton's mannerisms -- not his wife. Was the criticism irrelevant? Yes. But he wasn't attacking Miss Angela. It seems there is some disingenuous pearl-clutching going on.

Cyrus likes this.
  18. SCnAZ

SCnAZ Junior Member

Jan 5, 2020
    Here here

19. uscjrl98

uscjrl98 Junior Member

Jan 5, 2020
    Aimeedee. Reasonable post. I know this isn't your intention but by allowing anyone that ever worked at SC to lay claim to being part of the USC family really cheapens it for all of us that call USC our alma mater. I am 100% sure neither Pete nor Ed would ever say USC is their Alma Mater. Like with any other University Alums are Family. Example I did some work at UC Berkeley but I would never ever say I was part of the UC Berkeley family. It is disrespectful to those who went there.

aimeedee likes this.
  20. TrojanMoondoggie

TrojanMoondoggie Junior Member

Jan 5, 2020
    Addressing a spouse as "Miss _____" sounds pretty legit to me based on its cultural ties to the South.

The MILF reference brought up in the first sentence of the thread, however, is something else.

I dare say there would be more professionals in the mental health field who would question that more than they would a cultural reference to one's spouse.

Having a "thing" for someone who is a lot older (or younger) than you would certainly qualify as something worthy of issue-related discussions.