USC media members were given a tour of the Coliseum renovation, including the new Tower, and here are some important points for fans in terms of changes for the 2018 season:
* Construction zone on South side (Sections 6, 7, 8)
-Due to construction on the Tower, those tunnels will be closed and the area outside the stadium will be closed off, so there will be no east-west walking access through the concourse or outside the stadium.
* Audi Suites in front of Peristyle will not be there beginning in the 2019 season
* Terraces – (green carpeted area in photo above) new open-air standing areas below video boards. North side is for students, south side is for Trojan Athletic Fund donors
* Legroom and aisles – previous rows had 38 seats, now each row will have 18. Previously had 30” of legroom, now will have 33”. New seats are in on the south side, along with hand rails. Remaining seats will be replaced by 2019.
* Suggested entrance gates – Each ticket will have a suggested entrance gate printed on it for easiest access.
* New wi-fi installed in time for 2019 season
* Pre-installed cushions for seat backs and bottoms can be ordered at order.seatbacks.com/trojanseats
Parking and tailgating
* No more cash lots around Coliseum, all are now permit only. Lucas Museum construction will lose 1,000 parking spaces outside of west end of stadium in 2018, will gain 1,500 spaces in 2019. Also, no more walking entrance off 39th St & Vermont. Fans without Coliseum parking passes are encouraged to park on campus, lots open at 6am on game days and parking is $25 per car. RV parking is not available in Exposition Park or on campus.
* FanFest on Christmas Tree Lane – Open tailgate spots will be very limited. Ralph’s Tailgate Experience and Tailgate Guys are options, USC is encouraging on-campus tailgating too (large groups must reserve a spot). For on-campus tailgating info go to: gameday.usc.edu