* Opening statement “tough loss for the kids. Battled tough and put a lot of prep work into the game”
* J.T. Daniels has not been cleared yet from concussion protocol. He next meets with the doctors on Tuesday, and if he is cleared this week he will start in the game on Saturday.
* We’re really close. We lost a close battle with depleted personnel. When we get done with these last four games, I’ll evaluate everything and see what we need to do. But right now I’m more focused on trying to beat Oregon State.”
* Jack Sears reminded us of why we recruited him “he has a very talented arm with mobility. His ability to create was there, you don’t always see that during practice when you don’t have full-speed tackling during practice”
* Trojans only had one negative carry by a running back, and the 4th down attempt late in the game was one of the few that allowed penetration.
* Helton praised Tee Martin was developing a game plan that simplified things to allow either for Sears to work it in his first start, or if JT had been cleared late in the week.
* Injury report: Olaijah Griffin (held with shoulder), Talanoa Hufanga (broken collarbone), Cameron Smith (knee injury), Levi Jones (hip injury), Chuma Edoga (knee hyperextension)