USC TROJANS (3-0, 1-0 Pac-12) / CALIFORNIA BEARS (3-0, 0-0 Pac-12)
SEPT. 23: 12:30 p.m. PT
Stadium: Memorial Stadium
Surface: Field Turf
Seating Chart: Seating Chart: (see below) http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/cal/genrel/auto_pdf/2012-13/misc_non_event/2012_cms_map.pdf
The opening line: The Trojans are favored by 15 1/2 points over Cal.
Projected Saturday Berkeley Weather Forecast: Sunny with a high of 74, 52 percent humidity, 0 precipitation, and a low of 55 degrees.
Websites: calbears.com / usctrojans.com
DIRECTIONS TO MEMORIAL STADIUM
On game days, public transportation is highly recommended. For help with trip-planning or real-time traffic information, visit 511.org or call 511.
If you are driving to California Memorial Stadium, keep in mind that typical backups on local streets begin about two hours before the game, and up to two hours after the game.
Piedmont Avenue directly in front of Memorial Stadium will be closed to traffic two and a half hours prior to kickoff and one hour after the game has concluded.
From the East Bay / Hwy 24
- Travel Highway 24 West toward Oakland
2. Take exit 5B toward 13 North -Berkeley
3. Stay straight and merge onto 13 North / Tunnel Road
4. Turn right onto Claremont Ave.
5. Take first left onto Claremont Blvd.
6. Turn left onto Derby St.
7. Turn right onto Warring St.
8. Make a slight left onto Piedmont Ave.
9. Stadium will be on the right hand side at Bancroft Way
From the South Bay
- Travel I-880 North toward Oakland / Berkeley
2. Continue onto I-980 East and follow signs for Highway 24/Walnut Creek
3. Continue onto Highway 24 East toward Walnut Creek
4. Take the 51st St/Martin Luther King Jr. Way exit
5. At end of exit, turn right onto 52nd St. and continue onto 51st St
6. Turn left onto Telegraph Ave. and follow into Berkeley
7. Turn right onto Dwight Way
8. Turn left onto Piedmont Ave.
9. Stadium will be on the right hand side at Bancroft Way
From the Peninsula
- Take San Mateo Bridge/Hayward / Highway 92 East
2. Take the I-880 North exit toward Oakland
3. Merge onto I-880 North
4. Continue onto I-980 East and follow signs for Highway 24/Walnut Creek
5. Continue onto Highway 24 East toward Walnut Creek
6. Take the 51st St/Martin Luther King Jr. Way exit
7. At end of exit, turn right onto 52nd St. and continue onto 51st St
8. Turn left onto Telegraph Ave. and follow into Berkeley
9. Turn right onto Dwight Way
10. Turn left onto Piedmont Ave.
11. Stadium will be on the right hand side at Bancroft Way
From San Francisco / South Marin County
- Travel on I-80 toward Bay Bridge/Oakland
2. Take the Interstate 580 East exit toward Highway 24/Hayward/Stockton
3. Continue straight on 580 East
4. Take the exit toward Walnut Creek / Highway 24 East
5. Keep right at the fork and follow signs for 51st St.
6. At end of exit, turn right onto 52nd St. and continue onto 51st St.
7. Turn left onto Telegraph Ave. and follow into Berkeley
8. Turn right onto Dwight Way
9. Turn left onto Piedmont Ave.
10. Stadium will be on the right hand side at Bancroft Way
From the North Bay / Marin County
- Travel on I-580 East toward Richmond Bridge/Oakland
2. Merge onto I-580 East and continue onto I-80 West
3. Exit onto University Ave.
4. Turn left onto Shattuck Ave.
5. Take 2nd right onto Hearst Ave.
6. Turn right onto Gayley Ave.
7. Continue onto Piedmont Ave. and stadium will be on your left
From North of Berkeley/Napa/Sonoma/Vallejo/Sacramento
- Travel on I-80 West towards Berkeley
2. Exit onto University Ave.
3. Turn left onto Shattuck Ave.
4. Take 2nd right onto Hearst Ave.
5. Turn right onto Gayley Ave.
6. Continue onto Piedmont Ave. and stadium will be on your left
The BART (rail transportation to Memorial Stadium)
Take BART to the Rockridge or Downtown Berkeley stations. For fares, routes, maps and more, visit BART.gov
Free gameday shuttles will be available from the Downtown Berkeley BART Station only*. The shuttle pick up location is located on Shattuck Avenue in front of Bank of America building and will drop patrons at the Greek Theater. Postgame shuttles will originate on Bancroft Avenue and return patrons to the Downtown Berkeley BART station.
* There are no dedicated gameday shuttles running from Rockridge BART this season (See AC Transit)
Friday night – Sept. 22
USC Pep Rally in Union Square (San Francisco)
One of the true highlights of the Bay Area Weekender, the Trojans Marching Band, under the direction of the legendary Arthur C. Bartner, and USC Song Girls will spearhead a pep rally in Union Square at 7 p.m. Dr. Bartner will get the fans fired up and expect to see a celebrity or two come to the microphone. Get there early to secure a space in the Union Square underground parking structure, and then hustle up to get an acceptable viewing spot. Expect to see a lot of onlookers that will be made up of the curious and even some Bears fans. The sound of the Trojans Marching Band bouncing off the buildings will bring chills, as will the expected cool temperature of the Frisco evening.
Saturday – Sept. 23
Tommy Trojan Game Day Tips
Cal Campus: It’s a battle of undefeated teams, and it’s not often the Berkeley campus has experienced this. One of the more beautiful campuses in the country, the only drawback is that the campus is extremely hilly. Memorial Stadium rests on top of a hill in an area called Strawberry Canyon, but the daytime view from the top of the stadium to the west overlooking the San Francisco Bay in the distance can be spectacular if there’s no fog or haze. On the east side of Memorial Stadium is Tightwad Hill, which allow fans to watch the game from a distance and for free.
Tailgate/Parking: There are no campus parking lots or spaces available for non-season ticket holders. Fans have the following options for parking:
Street parking may be available on gameday, however please read restriction signs carefully. Parking fines are doubled on Cal football gamedays.
Memorial Stadium Bag Policy: Approved bags include clear tote bags, plastic storage bags, and small clutch bags
Cal Fan Fest: “Tailgate Town” opens three hours before every Cal home game on Maxwell Family Field, adjacent to the north entrance of Memorial Stadium. Admission is free. It’s a gathering place for fans from both teams and includes: Beer garden and concessions/free bad check. Bounce house, inflatable games, caricature and face painting for kids. Interactive activities
Cal Bears Walk: A Cal football tradition, March to Victory takes place approximately 2 hours before kickoff of each home game. The team will march up the Haas Grand Staircase and into the stadium through Gate 1. Golden Bear fans form a human tunnel outside the north end of Memorial Stadium to cheer on the team as it marches into their locker room.
Trojans Walk – The Trojans team busses should arrive at Memorial Stadium at approximately 10:00 a.m. Get there early because the parking lot area is very small and with a large fan turnout, it becomes a very congested area.
Game Day Sports Bar/Restaurant
Pappy’s Grill & Sports Bar – 2367 Telegraph Ave, Berkeley, CA 94704