By Greg Katz – WeAreSC
GAME SIX – COLORADO (Trojans Family Weekend)
OCT. 8: 1:00 PDT
Televised: Pac-12 Networks
Location: Los Angeles
Stadium: Memorial Coliseum
Surface: Natural Grass
Seating Chart: www.lacoliseum.com
Projected Los Angeles Weather Forecast: Sunny with a high of 87, humidity at 20 percent, and a low of 63 degrees.
DIRECTIONS TO THE COLISEUM
From the West
1.Take the 10 Freeway east
- Exit Hoover St. and turn right
3. Turn left on Jefferson St.
4. Turn right on Figueroa St.
5. Continue past campus and follow directional signs to Coliseum and parking.From the North
1.Take the 110 Freeway south
2. Exit Exposition Blvd., turn left on Flower St.
3. Follow the directional signs to Coliseum and parking.
From the South
1.Take the 110 Freeway north
2.Exit Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd.
3. Turn left on Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., and follow directional signs to Coliseum parking lots.
From the East
1.Take the 10 Freeway west
2.Exit Los Angeles St.
3.Turn left on Broadway St. or Hill St.
4.Follow directional signs to Coliseum and parking.
Skip the traffic and Go Metro on game day. Expo Line trains run every six minutes before and after games. Metro’s Silver Line also provides service to the 37th St/USC Station, just a short walk from the stadium.
Save time by getting a Metro Day Pass on a reusable TAP card before game day. They’re available at hundreds of sales outlets. And if you already have a TAP card, load it with a pass online prior to the game.
The Trojans Metrolink Express: Check to see if Metrolink is offering “The Trojans Express,” which provides round trip service from Oceanside through Orange County and on to Union Station and free transfers to lines going to and from the Coliseum. Cost is $10 for an all day Saturday or Sunday pass. An outbound Trojans Express departs Union Station 75 minutes after the game if the round trip service is available.
Tommy Trojan Game Day Tips
Tommy Trojan Game Day Tips:
USC Campus: With a huge afternoon game against division-leading Pac-12 South rival No.21 Colorado, all Trojan fan families are invited to the new area reserved for the Trojan Family Game Day Experience. Located in Alumni Park (in front of Doheny Library, see map for details) families are welcome to enjoy the outdoor screens showing the live game, and relax in comfort with tables, chairs, and a wide array of food and beverages (non-alcoholic soft drinks, wine, and beer) available for purchase.
Fans of all ages are invited to enjoy a wide range of free game and craft activities, including:
- The Extra Point Kick: Kick for an extra point through the uprights
- Quarterback Challenge: Toss the game-winning pass to the Trojans’ wide receiver
- Long Snap: Snap the ball into the hands of a USC punter
- Training Camp: Run, jump, and dodge obstacles just like in USC Training Camp
- Traveler Tails: Make your own tail to wear just like Traveler
- Football Penalty Flag: Make your own penalty flag to toss
- Cardinal and Gold Fun Loop: Show off your USC spirit with a bracelet that you craft yourself
- Face Painting: Show off your Trojan pride with Game Day colors
The Trojan Family Game Day Experience opens 4 hours before kickoff and closes 30 minutes before kickoff.
TROJAN MARCHING BAND
Get into the Trojan Game Day spirit by watching the Trojan Marching Band at one of their pre-game performances through-out campus, and then follow along as they march to the LA Coliseum. For more information, visit www.usc.edu/dept/band/
BAG POLICY – IMPORTANT
The Coliseum prohibits bags, backpacks and other containers from entering the venue, with the following exceptions:
- One bag that is clear plastic, vinyl or PVC and does not exceed 12” by 6” and 12”, or;
- A one-gallon clear plastic storage bag (Ziploc bag or similar).
- In addition to one of the clear bags noted above, guests may also carry in a small clutch bag or purse approximately the size of a hand, with or without a handle or strap.
- An exception will be made for medically necessary items after proper inspection.
Prohibited bags include, but are not limited to: purses larger than a clutch bag, coolers, briefcases, backpacks, fanny packs, cinch bags, luggage of any kind, oversized seat cushions with pockets or metal structures, computer bags and camera bags or any bag larger than the permissible size. These measures are designed to promote public safety while encouraging guests to limit the items they bring into the venue to create a more efficient screening and entry process. We
ask that all items are visible when entering the venue. The fewer items that are concealed, the quicker the process becomes. All approved bags are subject to inspection upon entry. For more information on the Coliseum Bag Policy, please visit www.lacoliseum.com/beclear
Tailgate/Fan Fest: The Trojans Fan Fest is located on Christmas Tree Lane just east of the Coliseum, with everything a Trojans fan could want – food trucks, music, games, merchandise, free giveaways, vehicle displays, and more. And make sure to stop by the Ralphs Ultimate Tailgate inside the fan fest to see how to qualify for free food and drinks, dining, and pub seating, plus TVs of other college football games to enjoy. Trojan Fan Fest opens four hours prior to kickoff at every home game.
Trojans Walk: The Trojans should arrive on Figueroa Blvd. around 10:30 a.m. for the traditional walk to the Coliseum’s peristyle end. The Trojans are coming off a big Pac-12 South victory over Arizona State and hope to defeat the division-leading Buffaloes.
Game Day Sports Bar/Restaurant:
Lawry’s The Prime Rib, 100 No. La Cienega, L.A., 310-652-2827