GAME TEN – AT WASHINGTON
By Greg Katz – WeAreSC.com
NOV. 12: 4:30 p.m. (PT)
Location: Seattle, Washington
Stadium: Husky Stadium
Capacity: 70, 083
Surface: Field Turf
Seating Chart: http://sidearm.sites.s3.amazonaws.com/washington.sidearmsports.com/documents/2016/6/14/4141906.pdf?id=2123http://www.wsucougars.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=208262489
Projected Seattle Weather Game Day Forecast: Mostly cloudy with a high of 58 and low of 50 degrees with 84 percent humidity.
Websites: gohuskies.com/ usctrojans.com
DIRECTIONS TO HUSKY STADIUM:
From I-5 Going North or South:
- Follow the signs to Seattle
2. Take Hwy 520 exit toward Bellevue-Kirkland.
3. Travel 1/4 mile and take the Montlake Boulevard exit.
4. At the end of the off ramp there is a stop light at Montlake Boulevard. Turn left.
5. Travel across the Montlake bridge. You will see Husky Stadium on the right.
6. To access the E-10 or E-11 parking lots, turn right into the main stadium lot.
7. To access the C-21 parking lot (underground garage), turn left onto Pacific and make your first right. The garage is on your left.
8. To access the N-24 parking lot, continue on Montlake past Husky Stadium. Go 1/2 mile to the visitor’s entrance on your left. Follow the directional sign.
From Highway 405 Going North or South:
- From Hwy 405 take the Freeway 520 exit toward Seattle. This leads you onto the Evergreen Point Floating Bridge heading West.
2. Once across the bridge, take the Montlake Boulevard Exit. Turn Right.
3. Travel across the Montlake bridge. You will see Husky Stadium on the right.
4. To access the E-10 or E-11 parking lots, turn right into the main stadium lot.
5. To access the C-21 parking lot (underground garage), turn left onto Pacific and make your first right. The garage is on your left.
6. To access the N-24 parking lot, continue on Montlake past Husky Stadium. Go 1/2 mile to the visitor’s entrance on your left. Follow the directional sign.
FRIDAY – NOV. 11
Beat The Huskies Rally: Join your fellow Trojan fans at lake Union Park (860 Terry Ave. N, Seattle, WA 98109) at noon on Friday for a free noontime rally at Seattle’s Lake Union Park. The performance will be at the model boat pond on the west side of the park. Don’t forget to bring your umbrella.
Pikes Market Place: From the original Starbucks to a basically sidewalk outdoor fish market and major tourist trap overlooking the Puget Sound, it’s a delightful place to spend an afternoon. There are plenty of souvenirs stuff and there is a real sense of electricity in the air. Having been there a number of times, worth the visit.
The Space Needle: Still the icon of Seattle. It’s worth spending a few bucks to take the elevator to the top of the Space Needle to see a gorgeous view of the city and the breathtaking waterways.
Saturday – Nov. 12 – Game Day Tips:
Transportation: The long-anticipated light-rail station is now opened at Husky Stadium. Currently, Sound Transit Link Light Rail runs from SeaTac Airport (south terminus) to Husky Stadium (north terminus). The UW station is literally 100 feet from the west end of the stadium and is quite a bit CLOSER than even the most favorable media parking.
If it works for you, you might want to consider staying at a hotel in either downtown Seattle or the airport to utilize light rail and not bother with a rental car (those who stay in downtown can take light rail to and from the airport as well). Trains run from 5 a.m. to 1 a.m. each day, never more than 15 minutes apart. There are three stops in the downtown Seattle core (plus a few others on the fringes). From the Westlake stop (no more than a few blocks from most downtown hotels) to Husky Stadium is a six-minute ride and costs just $5.00 round trip. From the airport to Husky Stadium (45 minutes) is just $6.50 round trip.
Parking: Check out this website for all you need to know about Husky Stadium Parking – http://www.gohuskies.com/sports/2016/6/28/football-transportation.aspx?id=17207
UW Campus/stadium fan guide: http://washington_ftp.sidearmsports.com/pdf9/3764006.pdf
Husky Stadium: Gates open for fans 90 minutes before kickoff. Umbrellas are permitted provided they do not interfere with other guest’ experience at the game. Make sure you dress warmly because it can get mighty cold with the wind blowing off the lake and the probability of showers. And if you’re sitting up high in the second deck, you will also dress even more warmly, trust me. Think survival mode!
Trojan Walk: The Trojans should step off their team busses between 2:00 and 2:30 p.m.
Game Day Sports Bar/Restaurant Near Husky Stadium
Big Time Brewery & Alehouse, 4133 University Way NE, Seattle, WA 98105 206-545-4509/bigtimebrewery.com