By Greg Katz – WeAreSC.com
GAME TEN– AT COLORADO
NOV. 13: 7:00 p.m. MT/6:00 p.m. PT
Stadium: Folsom Field
Surface: Natural grass (SportsGrass)
Seating Chart: http://www.cubuffs.com/fls/600/FolsomField/Map.htm
Projected Boulder Weather Forecast: Friday will be sunny with a high of 33 and a low of 23 degrees.
DIRECTIONS TO FOLSOM FIELD
Directions from the Airport: You will fly in or out of Denver International Airport (DIA). Driving time between DIA and Boulder is approximately 45 to 60 minutes depending on traffic. There are two ways to get from DIA to Boulder, one via the freeway and another using the toll road E-470/Northwest Parkway
- Freeway — From DIA, follow Peña Boulevard (10 miles) south to Interstate 70, and exit onto I-70 west. Follow I-70 to I-270 west. I-270 merges onto U.S. Highway 36 west and takes you into Boulder (about 23 miles). Once you’re in Boulder, take a left (west) on Colorado Avenue (first stop light). There is meter parking along Colorado Avenue and in Lot 359 just past Folsom Street. There is also parking near the Dal Ward Athletic Center.
- Toll Road — From DIA, follow Peña Boulevard and exit onto E-470 north (Exit 6B) towards Fort Collins. Follow E-470/Northwest Parkway for 28 miles until it ends at a stoplight at 96th Street. The one-way cost for the toll road, as of April 2012, is $9.50 and fees are automatically recorded and billed through the automobile’s license plate. Automobiles with ExpressToll Transponders would be charged $8.20. Once the toll road ends at 96th Street, continue through the next two stop lights and exit onto U.S. 36 west which takes you into Boulder (about 8 miles). Once you’re in Boulder, take a left (west) on Colorado Avenue (first stop light). There is meter parking along Colorado Avenue and in Lot 359 just past Folsom Street.
For more information visit E-470.com.
Directions from the Denver Area and South: To get to Boulder from the Denver area, go west on U.S. 36 (from I-25 or I-270). Once you’re in Boulder from U.S. 36, take a left (west) on Colorado Avenue (first stop light). There is meter parking along Colorado Avenue and in Lot 359 just past Folsom Street. There is also parking near the Dal Ward Athletic Center.
Directions from the North: From the north, take I-25 OR U.S. 287 south to Highway 119 (Diagonal Highway). I-25 travelers will take the Longmont Exit (240) west onto Highway 119 while U.S. 287 travelers will turn right on Ken Pratt Boulevard (Highway 119) in Longmont. Highway 119 becomes Highway 157 (Foothills Parkway) just north of Boulder. Turn right (west) from Foothills Parkway onto Colorado Avenue. Travel through 28th Street (U.S. 36) into campus. There is meter parking along Colorado Avenue and in Lot 359 just past Folsom Street. There is also parking near the Dal Ward Athletic Center.
Directions from the West: Take I-70 east to U.S. 6. Go east on U.S. 6 to Colorado Highway 58. Turn right (east) on state Highway 58 to state Highway 93. Make a left (north) onto state Highway 93 towards Boulder. State Highway 93 will turn into Broadway once in Boulder. Continue on Broadway west until you see the campus on your right. To get to Colorado Avenue from the west, turn right on Regent Drive off of Broadway. Follow Regent Drive until it dead ends and turn left (west) onto Colorado Avenue. There is meter parking along Colorado Avenue and in Lot 359 just past Folsom Street. There is also parking near the Dal Ward Athletic Center.
Tommy Trojan Game Day Tips
Colorado campus for a Friday night game – On Friday, Nov. 13, at 7 p.m., the University of Colorado-Boulder will host University of Southern California for a nationally televised football game at Folsom Field. Campus will experience increased traffic congestion during the work day. Campus lots will open for spectators starting at 3 p.m. Faculty, staff and students are encouraged to use alternative transportation to/from campus, working with their supervisors to flex schedules allowing departure by 3 p.m. to alleviate traffic impacts leaving campus.
Due to event security and game day operations, several Main Campus parking lots will be closed from 11:30 p.m., Thursday, Nov. 12 until approximately 11:30 p.m. Friday, Nov. 13. Parking and Transportation Services will email lot impacts to directly affected permit holders. Other impacts:
- Pedestrians and vehicular traffic will have limited access on Folsom Street, 18th Street, Colorado Avenue, and Euclid Avenue beginning 3 p.m. on Nov. 13.
- The RTD’s HOP, Stampede, 209/209G and J routes will be detoured from 3 p.m. to approx. 11:30 PM Friday, Nov. 13. Bus stops closed during the detours are:
- Colorado at Math/Franklin Field
- 18th at Muenzinger/Fieldhouse Plaza
- 18th at Telecom/Music
- CU will operate its ADA shuttle (open to the public) from 4 p.m. to two hours post game on a counter-clockwise loop internal to Main Campus: west on Colorado, south on 18th east on Wardenburg Drive, north on Libby Drive. Catch the ADA Shuttle near Euclid AutoPark and ride it to Folsom Stadium.
- Let RTD drive you to the game on the Buff Ride! Park for free at any of the 12 RTD Buff Ride locations throughout the metro-area.
- The Buff Bus will be rerouted from 2:30 p.m. through approximately 11:30 p.m. Friday, Nov. 13. It will follow the Football Reroute; the reroute map is located on the Parking and Transportation Services website under Football Reroute.
- Public Parking – Parking on Main Campus for all stadium events costs $25. Parking at Research Park, off Colorado Avenue, costs $10.
- Parking lots open for football game parking six (6) hours before kick-off. As you enter campus, attendants and police will direct you.
- Campus parking is limited. Please arrive an hour before kickoff to ensure space availability.
- Allow yourself extra travel time as traffic may be heavy.
- When a football game ends, 45 minutes of heavy outgoing traffic takes precedence over gaining access to main campus.
Trojan Walk – The Trojans team busses figure to arrive at Folsom Field approximately between 4:30 and 5:00 p.m. MT.
Game Day Sports Bar/Restaurant
Lazy Dog Sports Bar & Grill
1346 Pearl St.
Boulder, CO 80108