GAME THIRTEEN – NEBRASKA
Dec. 27: 5 p.m. PST
Location: San Diego
Stadium: Qualcomm Stadium
Surface: Natural grass
Seating Chart: http://sandiegobowlgames.com/holiday-bowl-tickets/
Ticket: $65 – $140
Projected San Diego GameDay Saturday Weather Forecast (UPDATED): Sunny with a high of 64 and a low of 44 degrees.
DIRECTIONS TO QUALCOMM STADIUM
From Interstate 5 South
- Travel South on Interstate 5.
- Take exit 20 to merge onto Interstate 8 East towards El Centro
- Exit onto Qualcomm Way/Texas St
- Continue to follow Qualcomm Way north for 1 mile
- Turn right to merge onto Friars Rd
- The parking lot entrance will be on your right.
From Interstate 15 South
Please be aware – Interstate 15 South can be the most heavily congested traffic route approaching the stadium.
- Travel south on Interstate 15
- Take exit 7 for Friars Rd
- From the two right lanes, turn right at Friars Rd West
- Entrance to the parking lot will be on your left.
From Interstate 5, 805 or 15 North
- Travel on Interstate 5 or 805 North
- Take the exit onto Interstate 8 East toward El Centro
- Exit onto Interstate 15 North
- Then take exit 7B for Friars Rd West
- Merge onto Friars Rd West
- Parking will be on your left.
From Freeway 163
- Exit at Friars Rd. East.
- Follow Friars Rd East almost two and a half miles
- Entrances to the stadium parking lot will be located on your right.
From Interstate 8 West
- Drive West on Interstate 8.
- Take the exit toward Mission Gorge Rd/Fairmount Ave
- Turn right at Mission Gorge Rd and continue for almost 1 mile
- Turn left at Friars Rd
From Interstate 8 East
- Drive EAST on Interstate 8.
- Exit onto Qualcomm Way
- Continue to follow Qualcomm Way North
- Turn right to merge onto Friars Rd
- Continue one and a half miles, parking will be on your right
Prominent Tourist Attractions
SeaWorld, Legoland, San Diego Zoo, San Diego Safari Park, USS Midway Museum, Balboa Park
Holiday Bowl Events
Event: Port of San Diego Big Bay Balloon Parade
Date: Friday, Dec. 12
Location: Downtown bayside
Time: 3 p.m.
The scenic, bayside streets of downtown San Diego will come alive with the 2014 Port of San Diego Big Bay Balloon Parade – a National University Holiday Bowl Production. This event brings together world-class marching bands, including the Trojans Marching Band. All local Trojans wearing USC attire are invited to march in the parade as a unit behind the Trojans band. Information concerning the time and place for participants to meet will be announced as soon as it is available. Additional information about the Parade can be found at: sandiegobowlgames.com/parade.
The parade also includes floats, drill teams, and a procession of enormous balloons-more than any other parade! Over 100,000 street-side spectators will enjoy the parade along with a nationwide television audience.
Parade festivities will begin in the television area with the finals of the 17th annual Wienerschnitzel Wiener Nationals and the Bumble Bee Seafoods 5K.
The parade telecast is produced by Cox Communications and can be seen locally on Channel 4 San Diego.
Tommy Trojan Game Day Tips
Parking/Tailgate: The Qualcomm Stadium parking lot opens at 11 a.m on Holiday Bowl game-day. Space is limited for both parking and tailgating. Fans are encouraged to prepay ($20 for cars/$60 Rv’s). With only 14,000 spaces for 66,000 seats at Qualcomm Stadium, the stadium parking lot is expected to be full two hours before game time.
If you are planning on driving to the stadium, you are strongly advised to carpool with four people or more and to arrive two or three hours before game time. The stadium parking lot can be expected to close almost two hours prior to kickoff during events with capacity crowds.
1. San Diego State University: From I-8, exit College Avenue and go south. Paid visitor parking is available in designated campus lots. Parking rates vary by location. Take the San Diego Trolley from the SDSU Transit Center to access the Stadium.Mission City Corporate Center: (2365 Northside Dr. , adjacent to the stadium) Take Friars Road west to Northside Drive. Parking is $30.
2.Marriott Mission Valley: Take Friars Rd. and exit Qualcomm Way to Rio San Diego Dr. Parking is $15. Take the San Diego Trolley to access the Stadium from the Rio Vista Station.
3.Town and Country Hotel: Continue on Friars Rd. West past Fashion Valley Mall and exit Fashion Valley Rd. Parking is $15. Take the San Diego Trolley from the Fashion Valley Station to access the Stadium.
MTS Buses and Trolleys: For easy transportation to Qualcomm Stadium, the Gaslamp Quarter and most major visitor attractions in San Diego, take the MTS Buses and Trolleys. The San Diego Trolley’s Green Line between downtown, Mission Valley and East County with connections to the Blue and Orange Line and many MTS Bus Routes, stops just steps away from Gate K at Qualcomm Stadium and is a great alternative to driving to the game.
Buy your game day 1-Day Pass on your smartphone with the free MTS M-Ticket app. For game-day special service information, route maps, and schedules and where to get the San Diego County Credit Union Poinsettia Bowl Commemorative Day Pass (good for unlimited rides on Trolley or bus) visit www.sdmts.com.
Trojan Walk: The Trojans team busses should arrive at Qualcomm Stadium around 2:30 p.m.
Game Day Sports Bar/Restaurant:
Players Sports Bar
7061 Clairemont Mesa Blvd.
San Diego, Ca. 92111