Jeremy Shapiro shares ten observations from week three of USC spring ball practice sessions:
* Justin Davis finished runs with authority and flashed an added physicality this week.
* JuJu Smith is a mismatch for defenses—too fast for safeties and too strong for most corners.
* Kevon Seymour is improving upon his team-best 13 pass deflections from last season and established himself as a reliable bookend alongside Adoree’ Jackson.
* Linebacker Lamar Dawson has performed well in a crucial year for the redshirt senior, and continues making plays against the run and pass.
* Isaac Whitney is a complete receiver who is capable of taking a short pass the distance or blowing the top off a secondary.
* 270-pound sledgehammer Soma Vainuku is a force when he picks up a head of steam, and could flirt with 100 carries this season.
* Su’a Cravens remains a pillar of the Trojans defense in what will likely be his last season in Troy.
* Defensive tackle Cody Temple has been tough at the point of attack and will contribute to the defensive line rotation.
* Connor Spears continues to receive more targets in practice and has the raw tools to develop into a red zone jump ball threat with this 6’6” 240 pound frame.
* James Toland’s instinctive, shifty running style provides the Trojans with another capable threat in the backfield.